Reader reviews and comments on Morgan's Run, plus links to write your own review.

Morgan's Run

Jan 2002, 848 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Morgan's Run

c bourke

morgans run
I think this gives an insight into the existence of a criminal and how they were dealt with by English justice in the 18-19 century. I would love to know how much of Morgans run is history & how much fiction.
I couldn't find a Richard Morgan from Bristol with a sentence of 7 years on the list of first fleet prisoners.
It is a pity there is no sequel. as it seems unfinished.
Sandra Baker

Absorbing
Loved this book. I read it some years ago, and have just re purchased it to read again. I had heard back then that there was to be a sequel and have waited ever since for it, to no avail. Hope it happens. I really want to know how the saga continues.
Rustrel

Morgan's run
Very interesting book. How hard was life in England and in Australia in the 18th century. How did they survive such conditions ? But 200 pages less would have made the book even better.
Editterry

how did I miss this?
I've been reading historical fiction and "ship books" since a few years after I could read. I went through all of the Patrick O'Brien books, and some of them twice. I've been a fan of Kenneth Roberts, Thomas Costain, MacKinlay Kantor, James Carlos Blake and more. But the absorbing, page-turning historical fiction is few and far between. Which is why I started reading O'Brien all over again. So it was a nice bonus to discover this "old" book, and enjoy it so much

I'm a sucker for that historical period, and this being the first white settlement in Australia, it didn't take a strong or nuanced character to draw me in. But Richard's a good guy, someone whom we all aspire to, and what better character to take you along to pre-white settlement Australia.

McCullough is good at insinuating historical detail into the narrative without belaboring it. You don't stop and say, wow; you just keep reading.

I'll take heart in figuring there's more undiscovered historical fiction out there, since it doesn't seem like much is coming out now.

Love and Other Consolation Prizes
    by D.B. John
  • Book Jacket: The Abbot's Tale
    The Abbot's Tale
    by Conn Iggulden
    The Abbot's Tale purports to be a re-discovered manuscript written by a real historical figure,...

Mississippi Blood by Greg Iles

New York Times bestselling author Greg Iles illuminates the brutal history of the American South.

Me, Myself and Them
    by Dan Mooney

A fresh, funny and heart-wrenching story about human connection and the power of friendship.

Win A Place for Us