What readers think of The Amber Spyglass, plus links to write your own review.

The Amber Spyglass

Oct 2001, 480 pages

There are currently 30 reader reviews for The Amber Spyglass

Book Freak

Life and Love goes on
I absolutely adore this book. In fact, I own it! I love this book for its emotional trauma of how life and love move on even after the most terrible blows. I recommend this book to anyone who has a giving heart and is awed by the possibility different worlds around you.
Lindsey

Great Book!
This book was very very good I have read the whole Harry Potter Books and many other fantasy book, he did a great job,my mom read it too .She cried at the end and I almost did, I couldn't put it down! Thumbs up!:-)If you haven't read the book,YOU NEED TO!!:-)
Big Girl0013

The Amber Spyglass
I think that the book "The Amber Spyglass" s a great book because Lyra and Will was at war rages and Dust drains from the sky, the fate of the living and the dead finally comes to depend on two children and the simple truth of one simple story. When I read the book to my brother he said that the book was a great because it was about an amazing book because it was about a different world and about two children.
Katie

GREAT!!!
This was one of the best books I have ever read and I have read A LOT of books! It is also one of the saddest. I wish that there was a forth book!
Nell

Good Read
I loved this book. My favorite is the the The Golden Compass which is the first in the series but this is still very good. It's not your average fantasy book. This is the most complicated book of the three. I was about 12 when I read it and some of scenery and concepts described were hard to understand so I would recomend this to readers 13 or 14 up.
William

One of the best books of all times, truly will open one's mind.
prince

To me.This is an amazing book that takes me into the worlds i can only dream about! It's the conclusion of His Dark Materials Trilogy . I recommend this book to anyone who knows how to read, because without it, you will miss all of the good stuff!. IT's just as good as The Lord Of The Rings series and the Harry Potter series. It really is a great book trust me you got to read this book. And i'm hoping they could turn the whole dark material books into a great film even better than lord of the rings and harry potter series.
Claire

The first two parts of the 'His Dark Materials' trilogy are fabulous, but neither of those compare to the standard set by 'The Amber Spyglass'. It is the best book ever written (which is fact not opinion), and if you haven't read it what have you been playing at? It takes you on such an amazing emotional rollercoaster, and it let me experience emotions that I never thought were possible to feel whil reading books. It is truly heartbreaking and parts of it left me in floods of tears - and I hadn't reached the ending! I still cry myself to sleep after about the fifth time of reading it, and a book that can do that is spectacular. It's so deep and thought-provoking and even people who don't understand all of it will love it! The religious side is no problem to me, it's a good theory and opinion. With Christmas coming up, I strongly urge anyone who has not yet read it to get it. If you don't you really are missing out big time! Your life really won't be complete without this trilogy, it's for anyone who loves reading, and even those who don't.

From Claire aged 14

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...
  • Book Jacket: Song of the Six Realms
    Song of the Six Realms
    by Judy I. Lin
    Xue'er has no place in the kingdom of Qi or any of the Six Realms. Her name means "Solitary Snow" ...
  • Book Jacket: The Demon of Unrest
    The Demon of Unrest
    by Erik Larson
    In the aftermath of the 1860 presidential election, the divided United States began to collapse as ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Romantic Comedy
by Curtis Sittenfeld
A comedy writer's stance on love shifts when a pop star challenges her assumptions in this witty and touching novel.

Members Recommend

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

This Strange Eventful History
    by Claire Messud

An immersive, masterful story of a family born on the wrong side of history.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T