Reader reviews and comments on 24 Hours, plus links to write your own review.

24 Hours

24 Hours by Greg Iles X
24 Hours by Greg Iles

Aug 2000, 384 pages
    Jul 2001, 448 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for 24 Hours

Iain

Loved it - And Andreu should shut up!
I first got a Greg Isles book, True Evil, and enjoyed it. Since then I have worked through nearly all of them. 24 Hours was the latest and it's very good.

For Andreu, we are cultured, you know. For example we know your country is Spain, you separatist fool. Your language might be different to Spanish, but the systematic suppression of Spanish (Castillian) by the Catalonian government via the education system smacks of oppression in anyone's book, doesn't it?

There's a big world out there, far too big to be focusing on daft "local" issues like your nation state.
Chris Eilersen

Wow! I literally cannot put this book down. I was looking for a new Tess Gerritsen book and stumbled across 24 Hours instead. I'm glad I did - I have a new favorite author!

The action is non-stop and Iles' descriptions of all situations puts you in a personal position within the story. Character development is flawless and you feel that you know each character on a personal and intimate level.

I don't want this story to end, but when it does, I will be purchasing the rest of the Gre Iles collection!
Kristen

This book is the best book I have ever read!!!! Every second I had a chance, I had my nose in this book. It keeps suspense and wonder as you read every page and it definitely will be hard to put down untill you finish the last page.
cristine

24 hours is the best book i´ve ever read!!! the action and mistery involved makes you read non stop chapter by chapter!! i´m looking fwd to readin more of greg iles books!
Vikki

I am an avid reader and this book kept me enthralled. I cannot wait for the movie to come out!!
Katie

This book is very good and now it is going to be made into a movie! Although the name of the movie is going to be titled "Trapped"
and if you read this book you know that they are one and the same and you can't wait to see Greg Isles story telling portrayed on the big screen!
tiffany mangold

i usually get tired of books but this one i could not let my eyes off of it!! thank you for getting me back into books. tiffany mangold
Andreu

Oh, you are very cultivated and very intelligent, Oh you are intellectuals, Oh it´s wonderful your muse is Oprah Winfrey and Dirty Sanchez. Oh excellent, excellent. Oh I suppose you Know where is my country Catalonia, and you know our lenguage is catalonian, and you know all about our history as we know your history. And you know who are Pau Casals, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró, Ramon Llull, Ausias March, Guimerá, Rusinyol, Francesc Eiximenis, Narcis Oller, Jacint Verdaguer, Eugeni d´Ors, Vayreda, Metge, Desclot,.........

• Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...
  • Book Jacket: Instructions for a Funeral
    Instructions for a Funeral
    by David Means
    Following a venture into novels with Hystopia in 2016, Instructions for a Funeral is a return to ...

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U