Reader reviews and comments on 24 Hours, plus links to write your own review.

24 Hours

24 Hours by Greg Iles X
24 Hours by Greg Iles

Aug 2000, 384 pages
    Jul 2001, 448 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for 24 Hours

Iain

Loved it - And Andreu should shut up!
I first got a Greg Isles book, True Evil, and enjoyed it. Since then I have worked through nearly all of them. 24 Hours was the latest and it's very good.

For Andreu, we are cultured, you know. For example we know your country is Spain, you separatist fool. Your language might be different to Spanish, but the systematic suppression of Spanish (Castillian) by the Catalonian government via the education system smacks of oppression in anyone's book, doesn't it?

There's a big world out there, far too big to be focusing on daft "local" issues like your nation state.
Chris Eilersen

Wow! I literally cannot put this book down. I was looking for a new Tess Gerritsen book and stumbled across 24 Hours instead. I'm glad I did - I have a new favorite author!

The action is non-stop and Iles' descriptions of all situations puts you in a personal position within the story. Character development is flawless and you feel that you know each character on a personal and intimate level.

I don't want this story to end, but when it does, I will be purchasing the rest of the Gre Iles collection!
Kristen

This book is the best book I have ever read!!!! Every second I had a chance, I had my nose in this book. It keeps suspense and wonder as you read every page and it definitely will be hard to put down untill you finish the last page.
cristine

24 hours is the best book i´ve ever read!!! the action and mistery involved makes you read non stop chapter by chapter!! i´m looking fwd to readin more of greg iles books!
Vikki

I am an avid reader and this book kept me enthralled. I cannot wait for the movie to come out!!
Katie

This book is very good and now it is going to be made into a movie! Although the name of the movie is going to be titled "Trapped"
and if you read this book you know that they are one and the same and you can't wait to see Greg Isles story telling portrayed on the big screen!
tiffany mangold

i usually get tired of books but this one i could not let my eyes off of it!! thank you for getting me back into books. tiffany mangold
Andreu

Oh, you are very cultivated and very intelligent, Oh you are intellectuals, Oh it´s wonderful your muse is Oprah Winfrey and Dirty Sanchez. Oh excellent, excellent. Oh I suppose you Know where is my country Catalonia, and you know our lenguage is catalonian, and you know all about our history as we know your history. And you know who are Pau Casals, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró, Ramon Llull, Ausias March, Guimerá, Rusinyol, Francesc Eiximenis, Narcis Oller, Jacint Verdaguer, Eugeni d´Ors, Vayreda, Metge, Desclot,.........

• Book Jacket: The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
  • Book Jacket: Marilou Is Everywhere
    Marilou Is Everywhere
    by Sarah Elaine Smith
    "The point is that at that moment in my life," writes the narrator of Sarah Elaine Smith's debut ...
  • Book Jacket: Let's Call It a Doomsday
    Let's Call It a Doomsday
    by Katie Henry
    However the world will end, Ellis Kimball is ready for it. Her obsessive stash of survivalist ...
  • Book Jacket: The Winemaker's Wife
    The Winemaker's Wife
    by Kristin Harmel
    Liv Kent's world is falling apart. After 12 years of marriage, her husband has decided he's done, ...

Yale Needs Women
    by Anne Gardiner Perkins

A tale of courage in the face of arrogance that remains eerily relevant on U.S. campuses today.

The Secrets We Kept
    by Lara Prescott

Reese Witherspoon's Sept Book Club Pick!
    "This is the rare page-turner with prose that’s as wily as its plot."—EW

Book Club
Today We Go Home
by Kelli Estes

Illuminating and deeply human, Today We Go Home shines a light on the brave military women of the past and present.

Win Chase Darkness with Me

How One True-Crime Writer Started Solving Murders

Have you ever wanted to solve a murder? Gather the clues the police overlooked? Put together the pieces? Identify the suspect?

S S A C A Big S