Reader reviews and comments on 24 Hours, plus links to write your own review.

24 Hours

24 Hours by Greg Iles X
24 Hours by Greg Iles

Aug 2000, 384 pages
    Jul 2001, 448 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for 24 Hours

Iain

Loved it - And Andreu should shut up!
I first got a Greg Isles book, True Evil, and enjoyed it. Since then I have worked through nearly all of them. 24 Hours was the latest and it's very good.

For Andreu, we are cultured, you know. For example we know your country is Spain, you separatist fool. Your language might be different to Spanish, but the systematic suppression of Spanish (Castillian) by the Catalonian government via the education system smacks of oppression in anyone's book, doesn't it?

There's a big world out there, far too big to be focusing on daft "local" issues like your nation state.
Chris Eilersen

Wow! I literally cannot put this book down. I was looking for a new Tess Gerritsen book and stumbled across 24 Hours instead. I'm glad I did - I have a new favorite author!

The action is non-stop and Iles' descriptions of all situations puts you in a personal position within the story. Character development is flawless and you feel that you know each character on a personal and intimate level.

I don't want this story to end, but when it does, I will be purchasing the rest of the Gre Iles collection!
Kristen

This book is the best book I have ever read!!!! Every second I had a chance, I had my nose in this book. It keeps suspense and wonder as you read every page and it definitely will be hard to put down untill you finish the last page.
cristine

24 hours is the best book i´ve ever read!!! the action and mistery involved makes you read non stop chapter by chapter!! i´m looking fwd to readin more of greg iles books!
Vikki

I am an avid reader and this book kept me enthralled. I cannot wait for the movie to come out!!
Katie

This book is very good and now it is going to be made into a movie! Although the name of the movie is going to be titled "Trapped"
and if you read this book you know that they are one and the same and you can't wait to see Greg Isles story telling portrayed on the big screen!
tiffany mangold

i usually get tired of books but this one i could not let my eyes off of it!! thank you for getting me back into books. tiffany mangold
Andreu

Oh, you are very cultivated and very intelligent, Oh you are intellectuals, Oh it´s wonderful your muse is Oprah Winfrey and Dirty Sanchez. Oh excellent, excellent. Oh I suppose you Know where is my country Catalonia, and you know our lenguage is catalonian, and you know all about our history as we know your history. And you know who are Pau Casals, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró, Ramon Llull, Ausias March, Guimerá, Rusinyol, Francesc Eiximenis, Narcis Oller, Jacint Verdaguer, Eugeni d´Ors, Vayreda, Metge, Desclot,.........

• Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!