What readers think of 24 Hours, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

24 Hours

24 Hours by Greg Iles X
24 Hours by Greg Iles

Aug 2000, 384 pages

Jul 2001, 448 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for 24 Hours

Iain

Loved it - And Andreu should shut up!
I first got a Greg Isles book, True Evil, and enjoyed it. Since then I have worked through nearly all of them. 24 Hours was the latest and it's very good.

For Andreu, we are cultured, you know. For example we know your country is Spain, you separatist fool. Your language might be different to Spanish, but the systematic suppression of Spanish (Castillian) by the Catalonian government via the education system smacks of oppression in anyone's book, doesn't it?

There's a big world out there, far too big to be focusing on daft "local" issues like your nation state.
Chris Eilersen

Wow! I literally cannot put this book down. I was looking for a new Tess Gerritsen book and stumbled across 24 Hours instead. I'm glad I did - I have a new favorite author!

The action is non-stop and Iles' descriptions of all situations puts you in a personal position within the story. Character development is flawless and you feel that you know each character on a personal and intimate level.

I don't want this story to end, but when it does, I will be purchasing the rest of the Gre Iles collection!
Kristen

This book is the best book I have ever read!!!! Every second I had a chance, I had my nose in this book. It keeps suspense and wonder as you read every page and it definitely will be hard to put down untill you finish the last page.
cristine

24 hours is the best book i´ve ever read!!! the action and mistery involved makes you read non stop chapter by chapter!! i´m looking fwd to readin more of greg iles books!
Vikki

I am an avid reader and this book kept me enthralled. I cannot wait for the movie to come out!!
Katie

This book is very good and now it is going to be made into a movie! Although the name of the movie is going to be titled "Trapped"
and if you read this book you know that they are one and the same and you can't wait to see Greg Isles story telling portrayed on the big screen!
tiffany mangold

i usually get tired of books but this one i could not let my eyes off of it!! thank you for getting me back into books. tiffany mangold
Andreu

Oh, you are very cultivated and very intelligent, Oh you are intellectuals, Oh it´s wonderful your muse is Oprah Winfrey and Dirty Sanchez. Oh excellent, excellent. Oh I suppose you Know where is my country Catalonia, and you know our lenguage is catalonian, and you know all about our history as we know your history. And you know who are Pau Casals, Salvador Dalí, Joan Miró, Ramon Llull, Ausias March, Guimerá, Rusinyol, Francesc Eiximenis, Narcis Oller, Jacint Verdaguer, Eugeni d´Ors, Vayreda, Metge, Desclot,.........

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Last Murder at the End of the World
    The Last Murder at the End of the World
    by Stuart Turton
    The island is the only safe place left on Earth. Since a deadly fog overtook the planet, the ...
    A Kind of Madness
    by Uche Okonkwo
    The word "madness," like many others that can be used to stigmatize mental illness — e.g., "...
  • Book Jacket: Long After We Are Gone
    Long After We Are Gone
    by Terah Shelton Harris
    Terah Shelton Harris's marvelous family drama Long After We Are Gone begins with the death of the ...
  • Book Jacket: Exhibit
    Exhibit
    by R O. Kwon
    Exhibit, R.O. Kwon's sophomore novel (after The Incendiaries, 2018), introduces readers to Jin Han, ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Look on the Bright Side
by Kristan Higgins
From the author of Pack Up the Moon comes a funny, romantic, and moving novel about life's unexpected rewards.
The Pecan Children
by Quinn Connor
Win This Book
Win Bright and Tender Dark

Bright and Tender Dark by Joanna Pearson

A beautifully written, wire-taut debut novel about a murder on a college campus and its aftermath twenty years later.

A W in S C