Reader reviews and comments on The Visitation, plus links to write your own review.

The Visitation

by Frank Peretti

The Visitation by Frank Peretti X
The Visitation by Frank Peretti

Aug 1999, 519 pages
    Jan 2000, 519 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for The Visitation

Kalina (01/13/05)

I think the book was awesome it caught my attention with the inside cover!!!
Joshua (11/18/04)

It was great, but I think one of his greatest works is This Present Darkness.
Michael Woodley (09/28/04)

Here is an unusal novel by a christian author, and had it not been for his earlier successes, I wonder if this would have been published at all. Why? Frank Peretti is not afraid in this novel to tackle the shallowness and innocent zeal of some christians who feel that because they have found the answers to life in Jesus, everyone else just needs to hear the message and will respond the same way, forgetting Jesus' own words that "Many are called but few are chosen". Frank Peretti also tackles the problem of self serving church ministers, and churches who leave more damaged souls than saved souls. A very intimate novel in many regards as you can tell that this story is in some respects autobiographical. This is probably one of the better "christian" novels around. This will challenge your faith, not to abandon it, but to strengthen it and examine it in the harsh light of reality, after all, the Christ we serve was nailed to a cross, not made a celebrity.
Tim (06/17/04)

This book was great, for more than one reason! First, it was exciting, having a strong plot, and beautifuly detailed each and every character so that I could almost see their faces! Second, it wasn't like other Christian books where they don't go into description about "non-christian" views. It did thouroughly, and explained how we as christians were different. All around this was a great book, and I would reccomend it to anyone who is used to reading longer books.
Paige R. (05/04/03)

I love Frank Peretti's books...this is a keeper. It is very hooking and you'll find yourself looking for more of his books!!!
Sarah (12/11/02)

I thoroughly enjoyed the first two thirds of the book. The subplot outlining the background of the main character was beautifully rendered and true to life. I know that quite a bit of it was autobiographical for Peretti and its veracity shined through. His writing about Christian culture is somewhat reminiscent of Garrison Keillor with less cynicism and more sincerity. Unfortunately the last third of the book became increasingly and outlandishly ridiculous, ghoulish and formulaic. The chilling and thrilling non-stop action and lurid conclusion hurt an otherwise well crafted book.
Rachel Mills (11/12/02)

I've never been much of a reader, and could never any genre of literature that I was truely interested in. I was turned on to the ''Left Behind" series, but once I finished with those, I just knew I would not be able to find anythinf like it. My grandparents gave the book to read, I had never heard of it and was shocked that they wantesd me to read a 600 page book. Well, I finished in two days!! To this day, it is one of the best books anyone could read. Congradulations to Mr. Peretti on created a masterpiece. Be a Christian myself this book was right up my alley.
Jackie (04/06/02)

• Book Jacket: Mothers of Sparta
    Mothers of Sparta
    by Dawn Davies
    What it's about:
    The tagline on the back cover of Mothers of Sparta says it all: "Some women...
  • Book Jacket: Fortress America
    Fortress America
    by Elaine Tyler May

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

Force of Nature
    by Jane Harper

A riveting, tension-driven thriller from the New York Times bestselling author of The Dry.

As Bright as Heaven
    by Susan Meissner

A story of a family reborn through loss and love in Philadelphia during the flu epidemic of 1918.

Win The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

A gripping novel from the award-winning author of For Today I Am a Boy.

G O T P, B The P, F T P