Reader reviews and comments on Gone For Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Gone For Soldiers

Jul 2001, 448 pages

There is 1 reader review for Gone For Soldiers

Michael Reed

Gone for Soldiers Book
I enjoyed the book, Gone for Soldiers by Jeff Shaara, because it helps to describe the Mexican War 1846-1848, under General Scott. I enjoy the sequence of events, from the landing of VeraCruz to the city of Mexico. I would like to see that this book be made into a movie, as Hollywood helped to put together movies from the books, "Gettyburg" and "Gods and Generals".

• Book Jacket: In Extremis
    Let It Bang
    by RJ Young

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

A Ladder to the Sky
    by John Boyne

A seductive, unputdownable psychodrama following one brilliant, ruthless man.

Win Severance