Reader reviews and comments on Ender's Shadow, plus links to write your own review.

by Orson Scott Card

Aug 1999, 384 pages
    Dec 2000, 384 pages

There are currently 28 reader reviews for Ender's Shadow

steven (05/23/13)

best book in the world
Never read any other book better than this! Outstanding job, with detailed action and tension on every page. I wish there were more books like this!!!
leesha vamp (07/16/07)

okay I am Leesha Vamp (writer name) and for school reading I was instructed to read "Ender's Game". During my reading I was coming up with questions about the book. But even more importantly I was looking at the unfairness towards Ender, I know that it was meant to be like that but still I have thrown this book in bits of rage (as I am sure other readers have as well) and I personally think that its not right. What if Ender was you? I know I would have commited suicide from that pressure! Overall I feel that this book reflects a negative outlook to children.

But my overall question is this: Why would you push a 6 year old to their limits just to get a great commander out of them? But not just to save the world?
Cassie (05/31/07)

This book to me in my opinion is not very interesting! I have to read it in reading class, and I just cant seem to understand it. And I don't like books based in the future, like Ender's game and Ender's Shadow. But this is just my opinion!
Chrono Nexus (12/02/06)

Ender's Shadow
A really, really good book. Card is a master.
Bean (12/12/04)

This book is awesome. I can't wait for a movie to be made for it.
sanji (11/03/04)

this book is almost a required reading for those who read enders game. its brilliant to see how the author was able to keep this entry into the series so refreshingly new, despite the fact that the main characters stories from both books coincide. both perspectives remain realistically different , due to the authors ability to create such breathtakingly three dimensional characters, that with every detail, you feel as though you are stepping into their shoes and becoming the character.
Shaggy (10/26/04)

This book was great but I would not call it better then Enders Game. I feel sorry for any miguided soul that can bring themselves to say they didn't like the book or not give it a Five out ov Five.
j-dog (06/06/04)

DUDE! this book was awesome. it was exciting, and i think the plot is WAAAAAY better than "ender's game"

• Book Jacket: Hag-Seed
    by Margaret Atwood
    There's a scene in The Tempest that many critics have concluded is indicative of Shakespeare&#...
  • Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.