Reader reviews and comments on Vittorio The Vampire, plus links to write your own review.

Vittorio The Vampire

New Tales of The Vampires

by Anne Rice

Vittorio The Vampire by Anne Rice X
Vittorio The Vampire by Anne Rice

Mar 1999, 292 pages
    Feb 2001, 304 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for Vittorio The Vampire

This book, though vivid in ways, was extremely hard to put down most of the time. There should have been more time spent between Vittorio and Ursula, but it still painted a clear picture of their love. I rated it a five because I believe, personally, that vampire books are very interesting. But before picking this book up, I HIGHLY recommened picking up Maggie Shayne, "Twilight Hunger", exquisite!!!Good luck!!!

This is a book that can be read by someone who has never read any of the other books in the vampire series, because the storyline has nothing to do with any of the characters in other books. I loved it! Spooky, horrific, and full of suspense all the way through- love and r evenge at it`s best. Well done Anne Rice!
I started reading Anne Rice books a couple of years ago, although I`d been facinated by vampires and witches since I was 12. I`m 22 now.

I love the book, it is very gave me a feel for ancient Italy, and since I'm part Italian it makes me feel at home even if he is a vampire. Also vampires are fasinating to me. It gives me a feeling of how vampires lived before the U.S. came into the picture for the vampires.

I can read this book over and over again.It is wonderful in all aspects of the word.
Mary Levocz

This book is amazing. i loved reading it and there were times when i couldnt put it down. i recomend it to everyone.

Worth the Read
I absolutely loved this book! My only major complaint with it is the fact that it was a bit too religious for my liking. However, the plot and everything came across well, and I also liked the fact that someone who had never read the Vampire Chronicles could pick up the book and understand what was going on. Anywho, kudos to Anne Rice for making this book, and I'll probably read it again in the near future.

A little bit duller than her earlier books but still very good and worth reading if you are a fan

The background is Renaissance Italy, and the theme is Rice's usual: good vs. evil or to suck blood or not to suck blood. And if you choose to suck blood, should you be ashamed for enjoying it? And while you're at it, why not fall in love with the most beautiful of your supernatural enemies? Rice herself has called this her vampire version of Romeo and Juliet. I think it falls short of that (in my mind, not even Anne Rice can compete with Shakespeare), but Vittorio is still a great tale written with just the right amount of words and passion.

Vittorio and his family have lived in courtly magnificence in his father's castle in Tuscany for many years when suddenly their privileged world is threatened by neighboring demons who kill his family and everyone else in the castle. He watches as the evil vampires take the lives of his brother and sister and can do nothing to stop it. His life is spared only by the influence of Ursula, a vampire enchanted with him. From that point, Vittorio's entire life is centered around vengeance as he seeks to destroy the demonic group that destroyed his family. But wait. He is also in love with Ursula. He loves her and hates her at the same time. Her people, the evil Court of the Ruby Grail, imprisons him. When he refuses their offer of the Dark Gift, they try to drive him insane, but he escapes.

After Vittorio achieves his revenge (Rice readers knew he would) and accepts his feelings for Ursula (ditto), he allows himself to be tricked by her...and thus becomes a vampire himself. There is much more woven into the story, and at different levels. But I won't spoil it for you. It's best if you discover it for yourself.

• Book Jacket: Speak No Evil