Reader reviews and comments on Cities of The Plain, plus links to write your own review.

Cities of The Plain

Border Trilogy, Volume 3

by Cormac McCarthy

Cities of The Plain by Cormac McCarthy

May 1999, 292 pages
    Jul 1999, 292 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Cities of The Plain

Power Reviewer Suzanne G. (12/17/12)

#3
Here is the third in the Border Trilogy, but the second is not available to review. The Crossing (#2) is rated 4 by me.
The book is as melancholy as the other two. Emotional and violent, Cities of the Plain was one I couldn’t put down. But there is one thing I may have missed in the book—why did the cover have a burning field?
Evelyn Juarez (06/08/03)

It's a really good book. Really interesting to read and to do a project on it. A right book for historical events.
sarah (05/12/02)

Cormac McCarthy is an amazing writer. I loved every moment of the boder trilogy. With the exception of the violence in the novels. John Grady Cole and Billy are the most real characters I have ever come across in writing.

• Book Jacket: Hillbilly Elegy

The Atomic Weight of Love
by Elizabeth J. Church

Mercies in Disguise
    by Gina Kolata

A story of hope, a family's genetic destiny, and the science that rescued them.

Lola
    by Melissa Scrivner Love

An astonishing debut crime thriller about an unforgettable woman.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

O My D B