Reader reviews and comments on Cities of The Plain, plus links to write your own review.

Cities of The Plain

Border Trilogy, Volume 3

by Cormac McCarthy

Cities of The Plain by Cormac McCarthy X
Cities of The Plain by Cormac McCarthy

May 1999, 292 pages
    Jul 1999, 292 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Cities of The Plain

Power Reviewer Suzanne G.

#3
Here is the third in the Border Trilogy, but the second is not available to review. The Crossing (#2) is rated 4 by me.
The book is as melancholy as the other two. Emotional and violent, Cities of the Plain was one I couldn’t put down. But there is one thing I may have missed in the book—why did the cover have a burning field?
Evelyn Juarez

It's a really good book. Really interesting to read and to do a project on it. A right book for historical events.
sarah

Cormac McCarthy is an amazing writer. I loved every moment of the boder trilogy. With the exception of the violence in the novels. John Grady Cole and Billy are the most real characters I have ever come across in writing.

• Book Jacket: The Last Mrs. Parrish
    by Alison McGhee
  • Book Jacket: Solar Bones
    Solar Bones
    by Mike McCormack
    Written in a poetic, line-breaking style, Mike McCormack's Solar Bones reads with a breathless ...

The Second Mrs. Hockaday by Susan Rivers

Wonder Valley
    by Ivy Pochoda

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it.

E Dog H I D