Reader reviews and comments on The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, plus links to write your own review.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

by Stephen King

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King

Mar 1999, 219 pages
    Jan 2000, 272 pages

There are currently 49 reader reviews for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

David Cuhnam ( Future Writer)

The Girl who loved Tom Gordon
This book is one of the many that Stephen king has written but it's not about evil clowns demented cars or psycopathic innkeepers it's about a little girl who gets lost in the woods. Now at the base of it I did not think the book was very interesting but my wife urged me to read it. And after the first few pages I was not able to put it down. I read on and on through the night and by the end you had connected with the book and this is why Mr. Stephen king is the greatest writer of our generation!
Carly Schulze, 13

More than an Amazing book...
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon really made me think about more than just Trisha McFarland being lost in the woods- it made me think about how hard it is for a 9 year-old to deal with her parents' divorce and her brothers negative attitude. She really is smarter than someone her age should be when dealing with being lost, in the woods, alone, with almost nothing to survive with. Since all she has is her radio to listen to- hearing about Tom Gordon playing baseball keeps her going. It sort of made me think about what would have helped me to not give up if I was in a situation like that. If I was in the woods like she was, I don't think I would be able to deal with it, and King really makes you wonder about those things. Also in the book, there is a mysterious 'something' in the woods with her, and following her. Trisha knows when it is there, she knows the feeling of being watched and soon, isn't really scared of it anymore.
All together, this book deserves a 100 out of 5. My dad recommended it to me after he read it- and for both of us to read it and really enjoy it, "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" is probably a great read for almost everyone from my age to my dad's age! You really should go out and read it, Stephen King does a great job with mixing life issues with young age, and horror with reality.
charlie

it was awesome, creepy and a great read!!!!
ryan

I really liked this book. I had to read a book for my language arts class and i chose this book because it was short and i really like Stephen King's books. The beginning was kind of boring, but after the fall down the waterfall, it got interesting, and i couldn't stop reading it. I would definately recommend this book to anyone who likes suspensful thrillers.
Bach

This was absolutely excellent!!!!!!!!
Dan H

This is a amazing novel which can be related to by many young adults. Its probably not a book for children under 12.
ricc s

jimmy you would be the one sure to have your gps after reading this one!
val

Not exactly reading fare for a 7 year old reviewer! Excellent psychological plot, with plenty of suspense, action and twists and turns. One of Stephen King's often overlooked truly exceptional reads. Adults will understand the mindset of the resourceful, imaginative 9 year old heroine of the book. Immensely enjoyable.

The Hermit
    by Jennifer Finney Boylan

Win News of the World

The Weight of Ink
    by Rachel Kadish

An intellectual, suspenseful, and entertaining page-turner.

T's S I Numbers