Reader reviews and comments on The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, plus links to write your own review.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

by Stephen King

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Mar 1999, 219 pages
    Jan 2000, 272 pages

There are currently 49 reader reviews for The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

David Cuhnam ( Future Writer) (08/27/09)

The Girl who loved Tom Gordon
This book is one of the many that Stephen king has written but it's not about evil clowns demented cars or psycopathic innkeepers it's about a little girl who gets lost in the woods. Now at the base of it I did not think the book was very interesting but my wife urged me to read it. And after the first few pages I was not able to put it down. I read on and on through the night and by the end you had connected with the book and this is why Mr. Stephen king is the greatest writer of our generation!
Carly Schulze, 13 (12/14/05)

More than an Amazing book...
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon really made me think about more than just Trisha McFarland being lost in the woods- it made me think about how hard it is for a 9 year-old to deal with her parents' divorce and her brothers negative attitude. She really is smarter than someone her age should be when dealing with being lost, in the woods, alone, with almost nothing to survive with. Since all she has is her radio to listen to- hearing about Tom Gordon playing baseball keeps her going. It sort of made me think about what would have helped me to not give up if I was in a situation like that. If I was in the woods like she was, I don't think I would be able to deal with it, and King really makes you wonder about those things. Also in the book, there is a mysterious 'something' in the woods with her, and following her. Trisha knows when it is there, she knows the feeling of being watched and soon, isn't really scared of it anymore.
All together, this book deserves a 100 out of 5. My dad recommended it to me after he read it- and for both of us to read it and really enjoy it, "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" is probably a great read for almost everyone from my age to my dad's age! You really should go out and read it, Stephen King does a great job with mixing life issues with young age, and horror with reality.
charlie (02/23/05)

it was awesome, creepy and a great read!!!!
ryan (02/14/05)

I really liked this book. I had to read a book for my language arts class and i chose this book because it was short and i really like Stephen King's books. The beginning was kind of boring, but after the fall down the waterfall, it got interesting, and i couldn't stop reading it. I would definately recommend this book to anyone who likes suspensful thrillers.
Amanda (01/15/05)

I lost a night of sleeping from this book. I couldn't stop reading it! I have read it over 5 times already! This is my favorite book and recomand this book to teens cuz i am 14!
sara (12/20/04)

this book was very dragged out in the beginning. then it became kind of suspenseful mid way through but when i found out that the monster was actually a <plot spoiler> i was very disappointed. also the book's ending was awful because it just left off right after her meeting the monster and the after effects. it was written well, but put together not so great .
Bach (12/12/04)

This was absolutely excellent!!!!!!!!
Rachel (11/20/04)

This book was, in some spots, quite humorous but I was kind of dissapointed at the end when the "big scary monster" was <<edited for potential plot spoiler content>>. Thats why i gave it a three it kept my intrest long enough for me to read it to the end but the ending wasn't all the great. i wouldn't reccomend this book to anyone who likes a good horror book i thought it was going to be scary since i saw his name on this book thats the main reason why i got it i have to write a book report about this book and i'm going to have to present it to the whole class and i'm pretty sure the whole class is going to fall asleep by the time i ginish telling them about this book

• Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro
  • Book Jacket: Of Arms and Artists
    Of Arms and Artists
    by Paul Staiti

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.