Reader reviews and comments on Archangel, plus links to write your own review.

by Robert Harris

Dec 1998, 373 pages
    Jan 2000, 415 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for Archangel

frankenstein21 (08/21/11)

Good background atmosphere - exciting ending
Reasonable writing - but a lot of the plotting is predictable. Would not recommend.
arshan (01/23/11)

this is the best book ever
This book has a lot of black suspense, and is very violent and for a very mature audience, but overall the book rocks!!
paul (01/05/05)

Archangel is in my humble opinion Harris' best novel so far and it's hard to see how he will better this.

My interest in Russian history led me to buy the book and I certainly wasn't disappointed. A brilliantly crafted novel

with lots of twists and chilling surprises with a momentous finale. This novel puts Harris on the podium with Forsyth

Deighton et all. His research and knowledge are beyond reproach and he knows how to pile on the tension in spades

and leave you desperate to discover more. Sheer class!
Philip Zimman (07/06/03)

Archangel is a wonderfully crafted novel, filled with suspense, drama and humor. Robert Harris shows us what post-communism Russia is like, as well giving us a look back to the time of Joseph Stalin. His characters are easy to both love and hate, and I am possitive that this book would adapt marvelously to the silver screen. And I believe there are already people working on that.

<< Can you feel the force of Comrade stalin, even from the grave? >>

G-Unit Homie (03/10/03)

very nice book alot of cool stuff and it also explains alot fo cool stuff very nice robert gj
D. Papapanos (06/20/02)

Absolutely Marvellous.

• Book Jacket: Hag-Seed
    by Margaret Atwood
    There's a scene in The Tempest that many critics have concluded is indicative of Shakespeare&#...
  • Book Jacket: Crossing the Horizon
    Crossing the Horizon
    by Laurie Notaro

Les Parisiennes
    by Anne Sebba

How the women of Paris lived, loved, and died under Nazi occupation.