Reader reviews and comments on The Street Lawyer, plus links to write your own review.

The Street Lawyer

by John Grisham

The Street Lawyer by John Grisham

Feb 1998, 352 pages
    Jan 1999, 464 pages

There are currently 40 reader reviews for The Street Lawyer

Caroline (11/06/08)

From Highs to Lows,
I was required to read this book, for my senior AP English class, and of the other books that I had read so far were very boring and mostly non-fiction. When my teacher announced we were reading a Grisham novel, I was excited. I've read a few different Grisham novels, and I wasn't let down in this one. The Street Lawyer is an excellent fiction book, one of the best I've read. From the high-class to the slums, Michael Brock's actions never cease to amaze me.
Whittney Williams (09/05/07)

Fast Track to the Streets
John Grisham does an elaborate job at provoking responses from one's sense of humanity, and drawing on the compassion within a given society. He shows us how easy it can be to do the right thing and help the less fortunate.

I loved this book, for the sheer reason that it displays a plot line that ordinary people can relate to. Throughout its entirity you are constantly wondering, "What if this happened to me?". So many emotions are evoked that I was on the edge of my seat anticipating the conclusion of the plot.
gary (01/03/05)

although this was not one of john grishams best books...it was still very interesting. i believe that his book The Client starts out great but then dies out as with The Street Lawyer. I do, though, recommend this book for people of all ages to read this novel. THanks!
Christina (01/03/05)

i am in the tenth grade and i thought this book was very interesting. it kept my attention and was always drawing me back for more. i think the street lawyer was an excellent book.
Blake (12/15/04)

This book started out with a bang, but as time progressed, it slowed down considerably. It was still good enough to keep me coming back for more, and it kept me guessing. Although it was not the best thing I've ever read, I recommend this book to anyone with spare time.
Douj (12/09/04)

Great book. Im the type of kid who doesnt really like reading on the whole, I just kept asking questions and It got more intense. I like happy endings. I might even read it on my spare time!!!
JQuan (12/01/04)

This book was very boring started out with alot of action but than it started to bore me to death. It was hard to keep my attention. Not one of Grishams better books.
Ola (10/24/04)

An excellent book once again from John grisham. Portraying a 35 year old man, working at a high status law firm that totally miss treats lower class people, after the firm being held hostage by a poor homeless man, wanting to show these well off people that money isnt everything. This incident changed the mans life, he quit his job, and started working as a homeless peoples lawyer, and deivorced his wife. Definatly a page turner, enthralling you to the next page.Text

• Book Jacket: Wonderful Feels Like This
    Wonderful Feels Like This
    by Sara Lovestam
  • Book Jacket: Blue Light Yokohama
    Blue Light Yokohama
    by Nicolas Obregon
    Blue Light Yokohama, Nicolás Obregón's crime fiction debut, takes place in an exotic ...
  • Book Jacket: Inferno
    Inferno
    by Steven Hatch
    The word "Ebola" sets off an almost visceral reaction in many of us; we think about the men, women ...

The Book of Summer
    by Michelle Gable

The bestselling author of The Paris Apartment, Michelle Gable now transports readers to Nantucket.

The Scribe of Siena
    by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R