Reader reviews and comments on The Testament, plus links to write your own review.

The Testament

by John Grisham

The Testament by John Grisham X
The Testament by John Grisham

Feb 1999, 435 pages
    Jan 2000, 544 pages

There are currently 38 reader reviews for The Testament

Not your usual Grisham - in a good way
I started this book thinking “oh no, another bad will, lawyers fighting it out” book. I was wrong. This book is really a character study of two people: one selfless, powerless, kind, gentle, loving, astute; the other selfish, brutish, drunk, egotistical, powerful. It is also about a land – beautiful, treacherous, unforgiving, abundant. When these forces meet, the story begins.

Grisham is a great storyteller; his characters are real, the situations are plausible, the tension is unending. THE TESTAMENT has a clear message, told clearly in a powerful way. This is a story that will stay with you. I’m glad I read it and you will be too.
5 of 5 stars
Palesa Mpuru

The book is excellent. Though we turn to depend on wealth and power, but self spiritual healing is important to overcome your life's tribulations; as we go through Nate's escapade. An emotional ending...[spoiler removed- ed]

Takes you to the interior jungles & flooding rivers of The Pantanal. Those will stay afresh ever in my eyes. Good Work

You are the man. You can do it. I hope you make a book about fooball, not like the Bleacher you made.

Great, great BOOK!!!!!!
Very interesting!

good book highly recommended

This was my first Grisham's book. Though I've seen some of the movies from other of his books, I didn't know what to expect from The Testament. The very shocking opening doesn't fade out as you go through the pages, it just keeps changing, but never fades. I agree with the person who said it doesn't end predictably, and that for me is so difficult to achieve, yet so great when you find a book that does it.
Tabitha M.

I have recently become a big fan of John Grisham books. They keep you going from page to page and make you not want to stop reading. I personally finished reading The Testament in 2 days because I got so wrapped up in it. It is a great book and I would encourage anyone to read it.

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple