Reader reviews and comments on Brodeck, plus links to write your own review.

Brodeck

Micah Gell-Redman

There are currently 2 reader reviews for Brodeck

donna nueva,

the other
An extremely good and well-written book, Brodeck explores the theme of "the other". villagers in an isolated town show their suspicions about a newly arrived person fron"the outside" and how these initial suspicions lead to extreme violence. I highly recommend this book.
Ernie Urvater

Brodeck: a stunning masterpiece
Very good doesn't do this novel justice. It has been called a modern masterpiece by another reviewer, and that is exactly what it is. I read Brodeck in one day--I couldn't put it down. At once chilling and disturbing, it leaves the reader with a great deal to ponder about the human condition. It is my first encounter with Claudel's fiction, and it has me running to my local bookstore to seek out his other works. Brodeck is beautifully translated from the French by John Cullen. One would never suspect it wasn't originally written in English.

The Last Ballad
    by Wiley Cash
    The Graybar Hotel
    by Curtis Dawkins
  • Book Jacket: We Own the Sky
    We Own the Sky
    by Luke Allnutt
    Rob and Anna Coates have an idyllic life together; they have successful careers, love each other ...
  • Book Jacket: Some Trick
    Some Trick
    by Helen DeWitt
    In this erudite collection of 13 stories, Helen DeWitt explores the theme of stymied creativity, ...

The Women in the Castle by Jessica Shattuck

A Place for Us
    by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi
by Neel Patel

Patel's stories offer a bold and timely new literary voice.

M T G Before I S