Reader reviews and comments on A Mercy, plus links to write your own review.

A Mercy

Amy Reading

There are currently 4 reader reviews for A Mercy

Renee

A Mercy
No one can cut through to the heart of America's dark past like Toni Morrison. The book's perspective floats between the characters creating a full, intricate picture of life when the lines were blurred between indentured servant and slave. People struggle to hold on to their humanity and independence living in the midst of a corrupt society bent on punishing those who stray.
Michael

Eh
I found this book to be wandering and vague. At times it could be gripping, but many of the attempts to be 'poetic' fell flat with me.
HS

wow
One of the worst books I have ever read. I do not like her style of writing. its a very "beating around the bush" style of writing. 100 pages in and I still am not interested. I would pretty much pay someone NOT to read this book.
Amy

Dull as Dirt
Maybe the most boring of all Morrison's books. I don't like the style of writing, but the plot is also very dry. Most of us don't know too much about Virginia in the late 1600's which would have helped. Not engaging at all.

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Eternal Life
    by Dara Horn

The award-winning author returns with an ingenious novel about what it would mean to live forever.

Win The Comedown