Reader reviews and comments on The Witch's Trinity, plus links to write your own review.

The Witch's Trinity

Oct 2008, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Witch's Trinity

Vicki McReynolds

Chilling and Moving
I finished this remarkable little book in one sitting. Narrated by a poor elderly woman in the Middle Ages, this distinctive voice of Gude, as much as the story itself, offers a window to a not so long ago word world where pagan and early Christian mythologies compete for hearts and minds challenged by ignorance and starvation. The characters are knowable and memorable and the story-telling is well-paced, suspenseful and engaging. I hope that this author keeps writing as her gift is rare.
Cyndy

Bewitchingly Good Read
A dark and unsettling tale of women living in a time when paganism and the Church ran the lives of the villages and villagers. Imagine being accused of the cause of failed crops, soured milk or infertility on the basis of one neighbor's spiteful accusation. Gude Mueller, who has outlived most of her peers, cannot determine if her aging mind is playing tricks on her or if she has indeed cavorted with the devil (who has the face of her deceased husband) and signed the devil's book. Others will decide for her. Millman's descriptions of witchcraft, the trials and the punishments meted out are Gothic and chilling. I couldn't put the book down, wanting to learn of Gude's fate.

Driving Miss Norma

by Fatima Farheen Mirza

Book Club Giveaway!
Win If You See Me, Don't Say Hi

If You See Me, Don't Say Hi by Neel Patel

Patel's stories introduce a bold and timely new literary voice.

A P Saved I A P E