Reader reviews and comments on The New Policeman, plus links to write your own review.

The New Policeman

Apr 2008, 416 pages

There is 1 reader review for The New Policeman

Velma

Time and Magic
I just finished The New Policeman and it really proved how valuable Bookbrowse is to me. I would probably never have come across this charming and magical book without Davina since it isn't offered in the local bookstore and I have seen no other reviews on it.
It is an enchanting story of how and where time from our world has disappeared. If you can I would recommend that you check out the Recorded Books audio version since in addition to the entire unabridged text it features an Irish narrator and music of the Irish flute and fiddle at the beginning of every chapter. I loved it! Truly atmospheric and a real treat for the entire family. I know because I am well past the "kid" stage chronologically but it was still wonderful.

• Book Jacket: The Wrong Heaven
    The Wrong Heaven
    by Amy Bonnafons
    The narrators of the short story collection The Wrong Heaven are plagued by critical talking lawn ...
  • Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...
  • Book Jacket: Tango Lessons
    Tango Lessons
    by Meghan Flaherty
    Meghan Flaherty's touching memoir, Tango Lessons, reveals some hard but important truths about ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak