Reader reviews and comments on Dry Ice, plus links to write your own review.

Dry Ice

Mar 2008, 528 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dry Ice

Michael Haughton

Dry Ice by Stephen White
I started off my review by examining the prologue. the writer began with the usual climate stage of sun set and the light given off by the sun. This way the writer continued was kind of oblivious as it was some kind of work been carried out by a truck and excavator.

The work seems to be of digging a grave for some purpose so I was not pleased by the lack of information on what was the purpose.

The two main character was Alonso Cruz and Ramirez. which was doing the digging of the grave. However, I saw the first err of the writer in this line:"
Alonso'll bring 'em out in the morning – said nobody wants to sit on a chair covered with dew." it should be say instead if said as used in a dialogue.

I was taken a back to the many details of the grave business and I wondered if the writer knew if all this details if the lay outs and decor was really necessary. Especially when the writer uses words that most readers would not e end have a clue. For example: my feet and steel myself for the words "feng shui. This was tasteless to me.

I therefore had no more if an interest as I thought to continued to read this novel. I would not very much recommend this book to most readers. My rating was done on the prologue as I couldn't take it any longer(read). rated 2 out of 5

• Book Jacket: Vita Nostra
    A Spark of Light
    by Jodi Picoult

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

Paris Echo
    by Sebastian Faulks

A story of resistance, complicity, and an unlikely, transformative friendship.

Win Severance