Reader reviews and comments on Dry Ice, plus links to write your own review.

Dry Ice

Mar 2008, 528 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dry Ice

Michael Haughton

Dry Ice by Stephen White
I started off my review by examining the prologue. the writer began with the usual climate stage of sun set and the light given off by the sun. This way the writer continued was kind of oblivious as it was some kind of work been carried out by a truck and excavator.

The work seems to be of digging a grave for some purpose so I was not pleased by the lack of information on what was the purpose.

The two main character was Alonso Cruz and Ramirez. which was doing the digging of the grave. However, I saw the first err of the writer in this line:"
Alonso'll bring 'em out in the morning – said nobody wants to sit on a chair covered with dew." it should be say instead if said as used in a dialogue.

I was taken a back to the many details of the grave business and I wondered if the writer knew if all this details if the lay outs and decor was really necessary. Especially when the writer uses words that most readers would not e end have a clue. For example: my feet and steel myself for the words "feng shui. This was tasteless to me.

I therefore had no more if an interest as I thought to continued to read this novel. I would not very much recommend this book to most readers. My rating was done on the prologue as I couldn't take it any longer(read). rated 2 out of 5

• Book Jacket: Tiffany Blues
    Tiffany Blues
    by M.J. Rose
    I admit it. I'm an M. J. Rose fan. But this time I believe she has outdone herself.

Set in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong Heaven
    The Wrong Heaven
    by Amy Bonnafons
    The narrators of the short story collection The Wrong Heaven are plagued by critical talking lawn ...
  • Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...
  • Book Jacket: Confessions of the Fox
    Confessions of the Fox
    by Jordy Rosenberg
    In Confessions of the Fox, a fictional academic, Dr. Voth, finds a manuscript in the library where ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

Fly Girls
    by Keith O'Brien

How five daring women defied all odds and made aviation history.

Our House
    by Louise Candlish

A disturbing and addictive novel of domestic suspense.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak