Reader reviews and comments on Dry Ice, plus links to write your own review.

Dry Ice

Mar 2008, 528 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dry Ice

Michael Haughton

Dry Ice by Stephen White
I started off my review by examining the prologue. the writer began with the usual climate stage of sun set and the light given off by the sun. This way the writer continued was kind of oblivious as it was some kind of work been carried out by a truck and excavator.

The work seems to be of digging a grave for some purpose so I was not pleased by the lack of information on what was the purpose.

The two main character was Alonso Cruz and Ramirez. which was doing the digging of the grave. However, I saw the first err of the writer in this line:"
Alonso'll bring 'em out in the morning – said nobody wants to sit on a chair covered with dew." it should be say instead if said as used in a dialogue.

I was taken a back to the many details of the grave business and I wondered if the writer knew if all this details if the lay outs and decor was really necessary. Especially when the writer uses words that most readers would not e end have a clue. For example: my feet and steel myself for the words "feng shui. This was tasteless to me.

I therefore had no more if an interest as I thought to continued to read this novel. I would not very much recommend this book to most readers. My rating was done on the prologue as I couldn't take it any longer(read). rated 2 out of 5

• Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U