Reader reviews and comments on Dry Ice, plus links to write your own review.

Dry Ice

Mar 2008, 528 pages

There is 1 reader review for Dry Ice

Michael Haughton

Dry Ice by Stephen White
I started off my review by examining the prologue. the writer began with the usual climate stage of sun set and the light given off by the sun. This way the writer continued was kind of oblivious as it was some kind of work been carried out by a truck and excavator.

The work seems to be of digging a grave for some purpose so I was not pleased by the lack of information on what was the purpose.

The two main character was Alonso Cruz and Ramirez. which was doing the digging of the grave. However, I saw the first err of the writer in this line:"
Alonso'll bring 'em out in the morning – said nobody wants to sit on a chair covered with dew." it should be say instead if said as used in a dialogue.

I was taken a back to the many details of the grave business and I wondered if the writer knew if all this details if the lay outs and decor was really necessary. Especially when the writer uses words that most readers would not e end have a clue. For example: my feet and steel myself for the words "feng shui. This was tasteless to me.

I therefore had no more if an interest as I thought to continued to read this novel. I would not very much recommend this book to most readers. My rating was done on the prologue as I couldn't take it any longer(read). rated 2 out of 5

• Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine
  • Book Jacket: The Female Persuasion
    The Female Persuasion
    by Meg Wolitzer
    A college freshman struggling for identity. A 1960s feminist icon attempting to maintain her ...
  • Book Jacket: A Lucky Man
    A Lucky Man
    by Jamel Brinkley
    If his debut collection of short stories, A Lucky Man is any indicator, Jamel Brinkley is poised on ...
  • Book Jacket: Picture Us In The Light
    Picture Us In The Light
    by Kelly Loy Gilbert
    Kelly Loy Gilbert presents a beautiful narrative with myriad intertwined plotlines that explores the...

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Other People's Houses