Reader reviews and comments on Eat, Pray, Love, plus links to write your own review.

Eat, Pray, Love

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 42 reader reviews for Eat, Pray, Love

Jordan

Thought provoking
In Elizabeth Gilberts book Eat, Pray, Love, I found it quite intriguing that she kicked out what was making her unhappy and took the matter into her own hands instead of seeking professional treatment. This book was very inspirational to me on a personal note, because I am a religious kind of person and she went to God for guidance on where her life should go and what to do. She took in what she thought would be of good use and ignored what she didnt't like to hear from others. Richard from Texas was an interesting character and was a comic relief for Liz when she had down times throughout the book and her travel to India. Overall, I think this book is inspirational and very good. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see what the movie is like. I would read this one again for sure!
Mickey

Thought provoking
The book caused me to do some introspective searching and brought an unexpected peace to my life.
It was a "page turner" for me and I hope others will benefit as I did.
yaneth

Awesome very inspiring
This was the best motivation I've had to move on in life and search within my self for happiness. I strongly believe that everyone should read this book.
Gabby

It spoke to at least me
I loved this book! My mother gave me this book when I left my husband. I was beyond hurt. I felt no one on earth ever could imagine what I was going through. And when I read this book , I didn't feel so terribly alone. Even had it been fiction, it at least put into words my jumbled thoughts.
bibi

eat, pray and love
i can identify myself with Elizabeth.......what an honest journey......to find oneself, and God , free from society dogmas......bravo........quelle finesse naturelle........
Amanda

Life
Life Changing, encourage, love/romance. A very good read for a biography. A very good read for summer reading and high schoolers.
John Z

Not bad, but not as great as I expected
I actually ended up reading this book as well - never thought I would read a book like this in a million years! It wasn't as good as I had anticipated, but it had some redeeming moments. More than anything I think the book is decent since it tells us to take a step back from ourselves and fix whatever is wrong with us internally.
Cindy Shimizu

In defense of Eat, Pray, Love
I respect everyone's opinion regarding their reviews of this book, but I think some reviews are way too critical of the author's tone. I believe she made it clear that it is about her journeys, both physical and spiritual, and isn't a guide or a 'how to' book, but a personal chronicle of her life experiences. She is aware of her privilege and good fortune. She becomes aware of her ego. Despite these things, I believe she was able to connect with herself and the people around her and to relate her experiences in a compelling and inspiring way. It was, for me, an honest examination of the work she did to achieve balance and happiness in her life. I enjoyed it immensely.

• Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...
  • Book Jacket: Code Name Lise
    Code Name Lise
    by Larry Loftis
    Odette Sansom (1912 – 1995), a Frenchwoman married to a British man and living in the English ...
  • Book Jacket: Watch Us Rise
    Watch Us Rise
    by Renee Watson, Ellen Hagen
    Jasmine and Chelsea are about to enter their junior year at New York City's progressive Amsterdam ...

Book Club
Becoming
by Michelle Obama

An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club Giveaway!
Win A Place for Us

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A deeply moving and resonant story of love, identity and belonging.

C I Next T G