What readers think of Eat, Pray, Love, plus links to write your own review.

Eat, Pray, Love

Jan 2007, 352 pages

There are currently 43 reader reviews for Eat, Pray, Love

Prinjal

Best book
This is really awesome and highly inspirational for those women out there who broke down emotionally and then gives them to motivation to stand up and make a beautiful world for themselves.
Jordan

Thought provoking
In Elizabeth Gilberts book Eat, Pray, Love, I found it quite intriguing that she kicked out what was making her unhappy and took the matter into her own hands instead of seeking professional treatment. This book was very inspirational to me on a personal note, because I am a religious kind of person and she went to God for guidance on where her life should go and what to do. She took in what she thought would be of good use and ignored what she didnt't like to hear from others. Richard from Texas was an interesting character and was a comic relief for Liz when she had down times throughout the book and her travel to India. Overall, I think this book is inspirational and very good. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to see what the movie is like. I would read this one again for sure!
Mickey

Thought provoking
The book caused me to do some introspective searching and brought an unexpected peace to my life.
It was a "page turner" for me and I hope others will benefit as I did.
yaneth

Awesome very inspiring
This was the best motivation I've had to move on in life and search within my self for happiness. I strongly believe that everyone should read this book.
Gabby

It spoke to at least me
I loved this book! My mother gave me this book when I left my husband. I was beyond hurt. I felt no one on earth ever could imagine what I was going through. And when I read this book , I didn't feel so terribly alone. Even had it been fiction, it at least put into words my jumbled thoughts.
bibi

eat, pray and love
i can identify myself with Elizabeth.......what an honest journey......to find oneself, and God , free from society dogmas......bravo........quelle finesse naturelle........
Amanda

Life
Life Changing, encourage, love/romance. A very good read for a biography. A very good read for summer reading and high schoolers.
John Z

Not bad, but not as great as I expected
I actually ended up reading this book as well - never thought I would read a book like this in a million years! It wasn't as good as I had anticipated, but it had some redeeming moments. More than anything I think the book is decent since it tells us to take a step back from ourselves and fix whatever is wrong with us internally.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Facemaker
    The Facemaker
    by Lindsey Fitzharris
    The summer of 1914 saw the beginning of World War I, the bloody conflict known as the 'war to end ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Read Now
    How to Read Now
    by Elaine Castillo
    Toni Morrison once wrote, 'My project rises from delight, not disappointment.' This remark appeared ...
  • Book Jacket: Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
    Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow
    by Gabrielle Zevin
    It's been more than 20 years since Michael Chabon's The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Klay won ...
  • Book Jacket: Cult Classic
    Cult Classic
    by Sloane Crosley
    At a trendy Chinese restaurant in downtown Manhattan, Lola, the protagonist of Sloane Crosley's ...

Members Recommend

Dirt Creek
    by Hayley Scrivenor

"A heart-wrenching mystery, Scrivenor's remarkable sense of place brings Dirt Creek to life. A stellar debut."
    —Jane Harper,

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

Happiness belongs to the self sufficient

N I, ands, O B