Reader reviews and comments on Imperium, plus links to write your own review.

Imperium

A Novel of Ancient Rome

by Robert Harris

Imperium

Sep 2006, 320 pages
    Jul 2007, 496 pages

There is 1 reader review for Imperium

Power Reviewer Kim (01/01/08)

Historical fiction at its finest
This book won't be for everyone, but for those who relish historical fiction in all its intricate detail will love this book. It deals with a fascinating period of Roman history and politics. I found it very difficult to put down (but then, I like these kinds of books!). It's not on par with, say, _I, Claudius_, but I think people who enjoyed that book will like this one as well.

Warning: Don't compare this book to Harris's earlier work, _Pompeii_. That novel is much lighter, in my opinion, with more popular appeal.

In the Country of Men
    by Hisham Matar
  • Book Jacket: Holding Up the Universe
    Holding Up the Universe
    by Jennifer Niven
  • Book Jacket: Coffin Road
    Coffin Road
    by Peter May

Idealism increases in direct proportion to ones distance from the problem.

The Big Holiday Wordplay: