Reader reviews and comments on Half of a Yellow Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Half of a Yellow Sun

Sep 2007, 528 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Half of a Yellow Sun

Grace

Excellent
Chimamanda did a great job in her portrayal of the demons in every human. Just think of the atrocities people commit in war situations. We need writers like her to remind us from time to time that it is up to us to make our world the way we want it to be. If we choose to make it a hell, we live with it.
Vanger Fater

Half of a yellow Sun
Chimamanda N.A has taken Nigerian literature to its modern form. Her 'Half of a Yellow Sun' in no doubt has proved this.
Valerie

Highly recommended
An excellent book - well written, deep character development, and very informative about countries in civil war.
eyen amos

reflections
Chimamanda's book has empowered the literary world. Her relating of the Biafra war and all the bizarre things that took place; and yet still finding a way to weave the ugly situation with beautiful things going on in the mind of a young child and the other qualities that shows the true character of Nigerians - resilient and cheerful even in the face of adversity. The characters are simple but yet profound. nobody tells the coming of age story like Chimamanda. She has the ability to go into there world and bring to the surface their fears, pain and hope in a way that is clear for all to see what the issues are.

• Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...
  • Book Jacket: Code Name Lise
    Code Name Lise
    by Larry Loftis
    Odette Sansom (1912 – 1995), a Frenchwoman married to a British man and living in the English ...
  • Book Jacket: Watch Us Rise
    Watch Us Rise
    by Renee Watson, Ellen Hagen
    Jasmine and Chelsea are about to enter their junior year at New York City's progressive Amsterdam ...

Book Club
The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man
by Jonas Jonasson

The hysterical, clever, and unforgettable sequel to Jonas Jonasson's international bestseller.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

C I Next T G