What readers think of Half of a Yellow Sun, plus links to write your own review.

Half of a Yellow Sun

Sep 2007, 528 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for Half of a Yellow Sun

Grace

Excellent
Chimamanda did a great job in her portrayal of the demons in every human. Just think of the atrocities people commit in war situations. We need writers like her to remind us from time to time that it is up to us to make our world the way we want it to be. If we choose to make it a hell, we live with it.
Vanger Fater

Half of a yellow Sun
Chimamanda N.A has taken Nigerian literature to its modern form. Her 'Half of a Yellow Sun' in no doubt has proved this.
Valerie

Highly recommended
An excellent book - well written, deep character development, and very informative about countries in civil war.
eyen amos

reflections
Chimamanda's book has empowered the literary world. Her relating of the Biafra war and all the bizarre things that took place; and yet still finding a way to weave the ugly situation with beautiful things going on in the mind of a young child and the other qualities that shows the true character of Nigerians - resilient and cheerful even in the face of adversity. The characters are simple but yet profound. nobody tells the coming of age story like Chimamanda. She has the ability to go into there world and bring to the surface their fears, pain and hope in a way that is clear for all to see what the issues are.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: Bitch
    Bitch
    by Lucy Cooke
    In middle school biology class, many of us were told that men hunt and women nest, that testosterone...
  • Book Jacket: Jackie & Me
    Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard
    Louis Bayard's Jackie & Me offers a fictionalized version of the early relationship between John F. ...
  • Book Jacket: The Facemaker
    The Facemaker
    by Lindsey Fitzharris
    The summer of 1914 saw the beginning of World War I, the bloody conflict known as the 'war to end ...
  • Book Jacket: How to Read Now
    How to Read Now
    by Elaine Castillo
    Toni Morrison once wrote, 'My project rises from delight, not disappointment.' This remark appeared ...

Members Recommend

Widowland
    by C. J. Carey

A thrilling feminist dystopian novel set in an alternate 1950s Britain under the control of the Third Reich.

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor

I Wishes W H B W R