Reader reviews and comments on The Emperor's Children, plus links to write your own review.

The Emperor's Children

by Claire Messud

The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud

Aug 2006, 448 pages
    Jun 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Emperor's Children

Bookworm (06/28/10)

Too wordy
I also really tried with this book. The plot seemed interesting, but the writing was soooo wordy. Sentences seemed to drag on down the page. I had to reread sentences often. I only got through about a fourth of the book and gave up.
rachelwf (09/10/07)

overrated & slooooowwwwww
I really tried with this book. It had a very interesting plot & characters but the writer dragged sooo much with her writing, that I put it down less than a 1/3rd through. I know it's been reviewed as a real prize, but I could not finish it.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

I See You
    by Clare Mackintosh

Caught in the Revolution
    by Helen Rappaport

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you

K Your F C