Reader reviews and comments on The Emperor's Children, plus links to write your own review.

The Emperor's Children

by Claire Messud

The Emperor's Children by Claire Messud

Aug 2006, 448 pages
    Jun 2007, 496 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Emperor's Children

Bookworm (06/28/10)

Too wordy
I also really tried with this book. The plot seemed interesting, but the writing was soooo wordy. Sentences seemed to drag on down the page. I had to reread sentences often. I only got through about a fourth of the book and gave up.
rachelwf (09/10/07)

overrated & slooooowwwwww
I really tried with this book. It had a very interesting plot & characters but the writer dragged sooo much with her writing, that I put it down less than a 1/3rd through. I know it's been reviewed as a real prize, but I could not finish it.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

We have to abandon the idea that schooling is something restricted to youth...

Y S M B, I'll S Y