What readers think of An Ordinary Man, plus links to write your own review.

An Ordinary Man

Mar 2007, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Ordinary Man

larissa

awsome
This book was so good. but it was also sad. I can't understand why people killed others just because a Beljin guy said "your lighter and taller so you're a Tutsi and your darker and shorter so your a Hutu" and they actually turned against each other ! I also saw Hotel Rwanda . We watched it in school. People laughed at how people were getting killed and then they would call out "come on just shoot 'um" like they wanted to watch them get killed. But then I said " I know that you would not laugh at that if it was you" and they would say "nah I'd be on my bike and be shooting those nig**** down" then I thought "I know what they would do that they'd be hiding." Also what I don't understand is how all those British people and European people that were there saw all those orphans just out there. Why didn't the Europeans try and adopt those orphans for a cheap price and get them out of that madness? I know I would have though. Well anyway the book was great and Mr.R you are a great and brave man. I once herd a saying "it takes a strong man to stand up for himself but it takes an even stronger man to stand up for everyone else"

The Republic of Rwanda

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!