Reader reviews and comments on An Ordinary Man, plus links to write your own review.

An Ordinary Man

An Autobiography

by Paul Rusesabagina

An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina X
An Ordinary Man by Paul Rusesabagina

Apr 2006, 288 pages
    Mar 2007, 224 pages

There is 1 reader review for An Ordinary Man

This book was so good. but it was also sad. I can't understand why people killed others just because a Beljin guy said "your lighter and taller so you're a Tutsi and your darker and shorter so your a Hutu" and they actually turned against each other ! I also saw Hotel Rwanda . We watched it in school. People laughed at how people were getting killed and then they would call out "come on just shoot 'um" like they wanted to watch them get killed. But then I said " I know that you would not laugh at that if it was you" and they would say "nah I'd be on my bike and be shooting those nig**** down" then I thought "I know what they would do that they'd be hiding." Also what I don't understand is how all those British people and European people that were there saw all those orphans just out there. Why didn't the Europeans try and adopt those orphans for a cheap price and get them out of that madness? I know I would have though. Well anyway the book was great and Mr.R you are a great and brave man. I once herd a saying "it takes a strong man to stand up for himself but it takes an even stronger man to stand up for everyone else"

• Book Jacket: Eat the Apple