What readers think of The Good Good Pig, plus links to write your own review.

The Good Good Pig

Apr 2007, 240 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Good Good Pig

Johanna J.

The Good Good Pig Is a Good Good Book
Most biographies are written about people's struggles through the hard times in their life or the joys they have had, but what about biography of a pig's life? Christopher Hogwood is pig that lives in New Hampsire with Sy Montgomery,the author of the story. Sy writes about the life story of Christopher, as he runs through the town, playing with kids, and teaches people what living is all about

The story of Christopher Hogwood is a loving, kind story that shows people that not matter how close to death you are or if you having a bad day, to never give up. No matter what life brings you, whether it's an adventure or even a pig, life is worth living, and Christopher Hogwood shows us all that.
Selene Booklover

The OK Pig
This was nominated choice in one of my book clubs. It wasn't chosen, but thought I would read it anyway. As an animal lover, I love to read books about people's pets. Although, I did enjoy reading the book, somehow the warmth, personality and charm of Christopher did not transcend the written word. To me, he remained just a pig.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: Yolk
    Yolk
    by Mary Choi
    Mary H.K. Choi's young adult offering Yolk deftly maintains several plotlines running through the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...

The Funny Thing About Norman Foreman
    by Julietta Henderson

A charming, uplifting debut about a mother and her 12-year-old son, an aspiring comedian.

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire