MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Suite Francaise, plus links to write your own review.

Suite Francaise

Apr 2007, 448 pages

There is 1 reader review for Suite Francaise

Kathleen

A
I kept coming across this book in my frequent online searches for intelligent yet readable book group choices. Finally, another book group member suggested it, so we knew it was meant to be. I loved this book, and was sorry when I finished, knowing the ultimate draft of the book and what happened to these touchingly real characters would never really be known. I always feel unsure about how to judge the writing style when the book is a translation, but the poetic words and the raw emotions of the characters was thrilling! The true fear, anticipation and patriotic fervor of all the characters (of the French and German people both) was so human and believable. The confusion of the terrified Parisians at the time of occupation was really startling. I was enthralled from the start. Everyone should read this book. This is fiction from someone who almost lived through it, making it all the more poignant. Should be required reading for all high school students. Excellent!

• Book Jacket: Waiting for an Echo
    Waiting for an Echo
    by Christine Montross
    Dr. Christine Montross had been a practicing psychiatrist for nearly a decade when she decided to ...
    The Flight Portfolio
    by Julie Orringer
    At once a sweeping historical narrative, an insightful character study and a tender romance, Julie ...
  • Book Jacket: The Color of Air
    The Color of Air
    by Gail Tsukiyama
    Daniel was raised in Hilo, Hawaii by Japanese immigrant parents. Having traveled to the U.S. ...
    The Volunteer
    by Jack Fairweather
    Though many found The Volunteer a challenging read, First Impressions responses were overwhelmingly ...

He Started It
    by Samantha Downing

A new thriller from the twisted mind behind the mega hit My Lovely Wife.

Hieroglyphics
    by Jill McCorkle

A mesmerizing novel about piecing together the hieroglyphics of history and memory.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Every Bone a Prayer

Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms

A beautifully honest exploration of healing and of hope.

T Real M