Reader reviews and comments on Suite Francaise, plus links to write your own review.

Suite Francaise

Apr 2007, 448 pages

There is 1 reader review for Suite Francaise

Kathleen

A
I kept coming across this book in my frequent online searches for intelligent yet readable book group choices. Finally, another book group member suggested it, so we knew it was meant to be. I loved this book, and was sorry when I finished, knowing the ultimate draft of the book and what happened to these touchingly real characters would never really be known. I always feel unsure about how to judge the writing style when the book is a translation, but the poetic words and the raw emotions of the characters was thrilling! The true fear, anticipation and patriotic fervor of all the characters (of the French and German people both) was so human and believable. The confusion of the terrified Parisians at the time of occupation was really startling. I was enthralled from the start. Everyone should read this book. This is fiction from someone who almost lived through it, making it all the more poignant. Should be required reading for all high school students. Excellent!

• Book Jacket: Sunburn
    Sunburn
    by Laura Lippman
    Crime writer Laura Lippman is both prolific and versatile. After spending years as a reporter for ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us
    The Wife Between Us
    by Sarah Pekkanen, Greer Hendricks
    The Wife Between Us is an intriguing collaboration between first-time novelist Greer Hendricks and ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wife Between Us