MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on Queen of the Underworld, plus links to write your own review.

Queen of the Underworld

Jan 2007, 368 pages

There is 1 reader review for Queen of the Underworld

Nuala Morocco

Queen of the Underworld
I start every novel with great anticipation of the places and the people I will get to know once the reading gets underway. I was pleasantly intrigued by the main character, and interested in the journey and adventure she was on. Then right when I was really getting into the story and all the fantastic places we could go the story just lost its steam. I felt that there were at least 5 smaller stories that needed to be explored that were left lacking. I just never felt truly satisfied by where the story went. There was so much potential personally and politically and the story did not deliver for me.

• Book Jacket: Follow Me to Ground
    by Sue Rainsford
    Ada and her father are human-like beings who age slowly and possess the power to heal all illness. ...
  • Book Jacket: Children of the Land
    Children of the Land
    by Marcelo Hernandez Castillo
    In this exquisitely crafted memoir, Marcelo Hernandez Castillo describes coming of age as a young ...
  • Book Jacket: A Good Neighborhood
    A Good Neighborhood
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    After fictionalized biographies of Zelda Fitzgerald (Z, 2013) and Alva Vanderbilt (A Well-Behaved ...
  • Book Jacket: Little Gods
    Little Gods
    by Meng Jin
    Little Gods, Meng Jin's intricate, emotionally intelligent debut, opens with a scene in which ...

The Sun Down Motel
    by Simone St. James

The chilling new novel from the national bestselling and award-winning author of The Broken Girls.

Remembrance
    by Rita Woods

A breakout debut with modern resonance, perfect for fans of The Underground Railroad and Orphan Train.

Father of Lions
by Louise Callaghan

A true-to-life narrative of one man's remarkable quest to save the Mosul Zoo.

Win The Lost Family

The Lost Family
by Libby Copeland

A deeply reported look at the rise of home genetic testing and the seismic shock it has had on individual lives.

A F I Need I A F I