Reader reviews and comments on Oh The Glory Of It All, plus links to write your own review.

Oh The Glory Of It All

Apr 2006, 496 pages

There is 1 reader review for Oh The Glory Of It All

JudyL

Oh- The Glory of it All-Sean Wilsey
There is something so fundamentally off about this book. Yes it tells a scathing story about a hideously dysfunctional upbringing - but here it is at pg. 482 and I feel absolutely nothing except irritated. God knows this guy had a story to tell - his parents were all crazy - his father didn't know if he was coming or going - both his step mother and his real mother were absolute lunatics. But the problem is I just don't care. I have no feeling at all for the guy - except irritation. That's the very center of the problem.He seems to be running at the mouth. My theory is this guy - the author, Sean Wilsey was, in fact a spoilt brat who was tossed from one reform school to another - high end reform schools - pricey to say the least- but so what? I just don't seem to care. That is the whole problem I had with this book.
One big fat so what? 482 pages of so what.
There you have it.

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Office of Historical Corrections
    The Office of Historical Corrections
    by Danielle Evans
    In The Office of Historical Corrections, the second story collection from Danielle Evans, readers ...
    The Dutch House
    by Ann Patchett

The Dutch House is my introduction to Ann Patchett, which, after reading it, surprises me. I had ...

• Book Jacket: Nights When Nothing Happened
    Nights When Nothing Happened
    by Simon Han
    A quiet atmosphere of dread permeates Simon Han's subdued debut novel Nights When Nothing Happened. ...
  • Book Jacket: Take It Back
    Take It Back
    by Kia Abdullah
    In Kia Abdullah's novel Take It Back, sexual violence advisor Zara Kaleel becomes involved in a case...

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Prophets
    by Robert Jones Jr.

A stunning debut novel about the forbidden union between two enslaved young men on a Deep South plantation.

Waiting for the Night Song
by Julie Carrick Dalton
A startling and timely debut about friendships forged in childhood and ruptured by the high price of secrets.
Win This Book!
Win The House on Vesper Sands

The House on Vesper Sands by Paraic O'Donnell

Introducing a detective duo for the ages who unlock the secrets of a startling Victorian mystery.

T T T Light F