Reader reviews and comments on The Dancing Girls of Lahore, plus links to write your own review.

The Dancing Girls of Lahore

Jul 2006, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Dancing Girls of Lahore

sahar

deeply moving
Excellent work. Great observations without any prejudice. I had tears in my eyes. Must read
Kamii

enthralling!
I deeply recommend this book. Brown is a sharp observer of details, and blends the complexity of past and current social issues with an own sense of humour, and unsentimental yet moving depicting of different lives she comes across over time. Her writing appeals to all of the senses and emotions. It's easy to lose track of time spent with your nose in this book. Absolutely delightful and enlightening. Because of this book I am now seriously planning a trip to Pakistan... :)
john

agree!
Sam! I agree with you! I am so hooked! amazing work Brown!!
sam

wow!
What a book! Hats off a thousand times to Ms brown for publishing such a fantastic book! I read the first page and was hooked until I had finished. everyone should read this book, truly soul shaking!!

• Book Jacket: Shadow Man
    Shadow Man
    by Alan Drew
    The Noise of Time
    by Julian Barnes
    Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta

The only completely consistent people are the dead

The Necklace