Reader reviews and comments on The Dancing Girls of Lahore, plus links to write your own review.

The Dancing Girls of Lahore

Jul 2006, 336 pages

There are currently 4 reader reviews for The Dancing Girls of Lahore

sahar

deeply moving
Excellent work. Great observations without any prejudice. I had tears in my eyes. Must read
Kamii

enthralling!
I deeply recommend this book. Brown is a sharp observer of details, and blends the complexity of past and current social issues with an own sense of humour, and unsentimental yet moving depicting of different lives she comes across over time. Her writing appeals to all of the senses and emotions. It's easy to lose track of time spent with your nose in this book. Absolutely delightful and enlightening. Because of this book I am now seriously planning a trip to Pakistan... :)
john

agree!
Sam! I agree with you! I am so hooked! amazing work Brown!!
sam

wow!
What a book! Hats off a thousand times to Ms brown for publishing such a fantastic book! I read the first page and was hooked until I had finished. everyone should read this book, truly soul shaking!!

• Book Jacket: A Girl's Guide to Missiles
    A Girl's Guide to Missiles
    by Karen Piper
    The Naval Air Weapons Station at China Lake near California's Mojave Desert is the navy's largest ...
  • Book Jacket: Tiffany Blues
    Tiffany Blues
    by M.J. Rose
    I admit it. I'm an M. J. Rose fan. But this time I believe she has outdone herself.

Set in ...
  • Book Jacket: The Wrong Heaven
    The Wrong Heaven
    by Amy Bonnafons
    The narrators of the short story collection The Wrong Heaven are plagued by critical talking lawn ...
  • Book Jacket: Southernmost
    Southernmost
    by Silas House
    Southernmost opens with a devastating flood in Cumberland Valley, Tennessee. Could it be divine ...

The Radium Girls by Kate Moore

The incredible true story of the women who fought America's Undark danger.

Vox
    by Christina Dalcher

What will one woman do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where women are silenced?

Meet Me at the Museum
    by Anne Youngson

A celebration of letters, kindred spirits and writing a new story for yourself.

So Much Life Left Over
    by Louis de Bernieres

An evocative and emotional novel set between the World Wars.

Win Vox

VOX by Christina Dalcher

The story of what one woman will do to protect herself and her daughter in a society where half the population is silenced.

T B Y Speak