Reader reviews and comments on Half Broken Things, plus links to write your own review.

Half Broken Things

Jul 2006, 320 pages

There is 1 reader review for Half Broken Things

Miranda Spiers

Half Broken Things
This book re-arranges your normal opinion on people who are doing wrong - and what, in fact,could ordinarily could be described as doing evil. It tugs you between condemnation and compassion, and widens your conception of how needy but basically `good' people can be driven to extremes.
Characters who one would normally feel completely alienated from become of great concern and one hopes the best for them in spite of their sins.
Very, very dark and disturbing yet full of love and understanding, this book is excellently written and leaves a lasting impression.

• Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!