We are proud to announce that BookBrowse has won Platinum in the 2024 Modern Library Awards.

What readers think of The Vacation, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Vacation

Aug 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Vacation

Am

Honest Review
I would recommend getting the book on tape of this and listening to it on a car trip. It is perfect for the entire family to enjoy listening to. It is very funny, yes, but notice the metaphors and messages embedded in this. The man who reads the book on tape does a very good job with the voices which adds to the humor. And he reads it in a way that is not too fast or painstakingly slow, it was just right. I can't help listening to it again and again, picking up new meanings every time. Please give this book on tape a chance, if you are anything like me you will love it!
Will

The Vacation
I think this is an action packed book that will leave hanging and on the edge of your seat. Strap yourself in and get ready for a roller coaster.
Kelli

This book was really fantastic full of adventure.
I would recommend this book to every one of my friends.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Wild and Distant Seas
    Wild and Distant Seas
    by Tara Karr Roberts
    Tara Karr Roberts is a newspaper columnist who also teaches English and journalism. Wild and Distant...
  • Book Jacket: The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    The Djinn Waits a Hundred Years
    by Shubnum Khan
    Shubnum Khan's eloquent and moving debut novel opens in 1932, when a djinn that haunts a house by ...
  • Book Jacket: Transient and Strange
    Transient and Strange
    by Nell Greenfieldboyce
    Throughout her powerful essay collection, Transient and Strange, science reporter Nell ...
  • Book Jacket: Prophet Song
    Prophet Song
    by Paul Lynch
    Paul Lynch's 2023 Booker Prize–winning Prophet Song is a speedboat of a novel that hurtles...

BookBrowse Book Club

Mockingbird Summer
by Lynda Rutledge
A powerful and emotional coming-of-age novel set in the 1960s by the bestselling author of West with Giraffes.

Members Recommend

The Adversary
    by Michael Crummey

An enthralling novel about a small town struggling to survive, and a bitter vendetta between two rivals.

Strong Passions
    by Barbara Weisberg

Shocking revelations of a wife's adultery in 19th New York explode in an incendiary trial exposing the upper-crust and its secrets.

Win This Book
Win The Cleaner

The Cleaner
by Brandi Wells

Rarely has cubicle culture been depicted in such griminess or with such glee."
PW (starred review)