What readers think of The Vacation, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Vacation

Aug 2005, 208 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for The Vacation

Am

Honest Review
I would recommend getting the book on tape of this and listening to it on a car trip. It is perfect for the entire family to enjoy listening to. It is very funny, yes, but notice the metaphors and messages embedded in this. The man who reads the book on tape does a very good job with the voices which adds to the humor. And he reads it in a way that is not too fast or painstakingly slow, it was just right. I can't help listening to it again and again, picking up new meanings every time. Please give this book on tape a chance, if you are anything like me you will love it!
Will

The Vacation
I think this is an action packed book that will leave hanging and on the edge of your seat. Strap yourself in and get ready for a roller coaster.
Kelli

This book was really fantastic full of adventure.
I would recommend this book to every one of my friends.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: Becoming Madam Secretary
    Becoming Madam Secretary
    by Stephanie Dray
    Our First Impressions reviewers enjoyed reading about Frances Perkins, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's ...
  • Book Jacket: The Last Bloodcarver
    The Last Bloodcarver
    by Vanessa Le
    The city-state of Theumas is a gleaming metropolis of advanced technology and innovation where the ...
  • Book Jacket: Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Say Hello to My Little Friend
    by Jennine CapĂł Crucet
    Twenty-year-old Ismael Reyes is making a living in Miami as an impersonator of the rapper/singer ...
  • Book Jacket: The Painter's Daughters
    The Painter's Daughters
    by Emily Howes
    Peggy and Molly Gainsborough are sisters and best friends, living an idyllic life in 18th-century ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Half a Cup of Sand and Sky
by Nadine Bjursten
A poignant portrayal of a woman's quest for love and belonging amid political turmoil.

Members Recommend

The Stone Home
    by Crystal Hana Kim

A moving family drama and coming-of-age story revealing a dark corner of South Korean history.

The House on Biscayne Bay
    by Chanel Cleeton

As death stalks a gothic mansion in Miami, the lives of two women intertwine as the past and present collide.

Censorship, like charity, should begin at home: but unlike charity, it should end there.

S B the B