What readers think of Garbage Land, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Garbage Land

Aug 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Garbage Land

Marge

An Eye Opener
Elizabeth Royte takes a journey most of us never think about .. Where DOES the trash go? Who cares?? Well, as she does her personal journey and research, we learn we should ALL care. Reading the book resulted in some immediate changes (NOT taking plastic bags for things you can carry in your hand), reusing whatever you can, thinking about how much trash your family generates. AND thinking about the whole recycling thing.
I started this book because it seems like a quirky exploration ... then became convinced we are all a bit too blase about the trash, water bottles, toilet flushing without thinking about the "cost". You gotta read her newest book BOTTLEMANIA which is another very interesting journey. She's an engaging writing, real, funny, real writer. Reading this book will open your thinking to the possibilities. Definitely.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Last Bloodcarver
    The Last Bloodcarver
    by Vanessa Le
    The city-state of Theumas is a gleaming metropolis of advanced technology and innovation where the ...
  • Book Jacket: Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Say Hello to My Little Friend
    by Jennine CapĂł Crucet
    Twenty-year-old Ismael Reyes is making a living in Miami as an impersonator of the rapper/singer ...
  • Book Jacket: The Painter's Daughters
    The Painter's Daughters
    by Emily Howes
    Peggy and Molly Gainsborough are sisters and best friends, living an idyllic life in 18th-century ...
  • Book Jacket: Beverly Hills Spy
    Beverly Hills Spy
    by Ronald Drabkin
    When it comes to espionage, not only is truth stranger than fiction, sometimes it can be downright ...

BookBrowse Book Club

A Great Country
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
A novel exploring the ties and fractures of a close-knit Indian-American family in the aftermath of a violent encounter with the police.

Members Recommend

The Stone Home
    by Crystal Hana Kim

A moving family drama and coming-of-age story revealing a dark corner of South Korean history.

The House on Biscayne Bay
    by Chanel Cleeton

As death stalks a gothic mansion in Miami, the lives of two women intertwine as the past and present collide.

Experience is not what happens to you; it's what you do with what happens to you

S B the B