Reader reviews and comments on Garbage Land, plus links to write your own review.

Garbage Land

Aug 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Garbage Land

Marge

An Eye Opener
Elizabeth Royte takes a journey most of us never think about .. Where DOES the trash go? Who cares?? Well, as she does her personal journey and research, we learn we should ALL care. Reading the book resulted in some immediate changes (NOT taking plastic bags for things you can carry in your hand), reusing whatever you can, thinking about how much trash your family generates. AND thinking about the whole recycling thing.
I started this book because it seems like a quirky exploration ... then became convinced we are all a bit too blase about the trash, water bottles, toilet flushing without thinking about the "cost". You gotta read her newest book BOTTLEMANIA which is another very interesting journey. She's an engaging writing, real, funny, real writer. Reading this book will open your thinking to the possibilities. Definitely.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: The Rules of Magic

by Alison McGhee

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F