What readers think of Garbage Land, plus links to write your own review.

Garbage Land

Aug 2006, 336 pages

There is 1 reader review for Garbage Land

Marge

An Eye Opener
Elizabeth Royte takes a journey most of us never think about .. Where DOES the trash go? Who cares?? Well, as she does her personal journey and research, we learn we should ALL care. Reading the book resulted in some immediate changes (NOT taking plastic bags for things you can carry in your hand), reusing whatever you can, thinking about how much trash your family generates. AND thinking about the whole recycling thing.
I started this book because it seems like a quirky exploration ... then became convinced we are all a bit too blase about the trash, water bottles, toilet flushing without thinking about the "cost". You gotta read her newest book BOTTLEMANIA which is another very interesting journey. She's an engaging writing, real, funny, real writer. Reading this book will open your thinking to the possibilities. Definitely.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...
  • Book Jacket: If I Survive You
    If I Survive You
    by Jonathan Escoffery

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!