Reader reviews and comments on The Other Side of the Sky, plus links to write your own review.

The Other Side of the Sky

Jun 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Other Side of the Sky

Morgan

GREAT BOOK
This is a wonderful book! i would recommend to anyone!
Queen Alba

Awesome
This book was the best, I read it with my class and let me tell you, it's not what I expected. You had better read it!
idette

inspiring
This book was inspiring because it inspired many people to move on to reaching their biggest goal from something very important they lost.This is also amazing because of all what she went through throughout her life to reach her goal.I would recommend this book to anyone out there wanting to read a good book.
Louise J.

An Inspirational Memoir for Everyone!
Farah was seven-years-old and had overslept one morning. Worried that she was late for school she decided to take a short cut through a field, saving her two or three minutes but little did Farah know that decision would turn out to be the worst of her life.

(spoilers removed)

Farah is an inspiration to all of us that even in the direst of circumstances and pain that we can survive and endure. It takes a deep faith and commitment to deal with what Farah did but she is now a beacon of light for many.

This was an amazing memoir which I would recommend to anyone and you’ll be amazed at what Farah and her mother went through.
nahida

hmmmm
It was a good book.... I used to read fiction in my Farsi language... this book was my first English book that I had to read just for school... I started forcefully but I really enjoyed reading it.... I am from her country but I had never been in Afghanistan.... and somehow it changed my feeling against my Afghans who had been coming from there right through Canada.... I can see my each Afghan that how they had suffered back in Afghanistan... and I'm sure each of my Afghans has a story...I am proud of Farah, and if one day I see her I want to thank her for her best.... I had to read it in class but because of my emotions my teacher let me go home and I could skip my class so I could read it at my house.... somehow The Other Side of the Sky changed my life....
Christina Mao

The Most Heartwarming story of a Girl from Pakistan
Farah is not only the most amazing girl I've ever read about but the bravest. She has this deep knowledge and grace. Coming from a middle-class deep-religion community, moving to a rich Germany, then back, then ending up in the U.S would seem to much to handle. Nope. Farah perseveres and works hard to become a true "American"
Schulz

The Other Side of the Sky
I had to read this book for my school and it was absolutely amazing! Farah is such an inspiration to me and a wonderful role model. What she has done makes me feel like if she could do that, than I could. I thought that my life was not so well, but she has had many many worse experiences than I did. Farah is a strong and brave girl and I will always remember this book and how terrifying her life was.
pratima bisht

The other side of the sky
I could not stop myself crying after reading this book.I found myself emotionally attached with the story.This book is inspiration for all the human beings, who are still living their life on the edge, in fact we all should salute Farah Ahmedi for her courage and faith on herself.

• Book Jacket: Confessions of an Innocent Man
    Confessions of an Innocent Man
    by David R. Dow
    It is circumstance that carries the wave that sweeps trendy Houston restaurateur Rafael Zhettah to ...
  • Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...

Greek to Me
    by Mary Norris

The Comma Queen returns with a buoyant book about language, love, and the wine-dark sea.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U