What readers think of The Other Side of the Sky, plus links to write your own review.

The Other Side of the Sky

Jun 2006, 256 pages

There are currently 17 reader reviews for The Other Side of the Sky

Morgan

GREAT BOOK
This is a wonderful book! i would recommend to anyone!
Queen Alba

Awesome
This book was the best, I read it with my class and let me tell you, it's not what I expected. You had better read it!
idette

inspiring
This book was inspiring because it inspired many people to move on to reaching their biggest goal from something very important they lost.This is also amazing because of all what she went through throughout her life to reach her goal.I would recommend this book to anyone out there wanting to read a good book.
Louise J.

An Inspirational Memoir for Everyone!
Farah was seven-years-old and had overslept one morning. Worried that she was late for school she decided to take a short cut through a field, saving her two or three minutes but little did Farah know that decision would turn out to be the worst of her life.

(spoilers removed)

Farah is an inspiration to all of us that even in the direst of circumstances and pain that we can survive and endure. It takes a deep faith and commitment to deal with what Farah did but she is now a beacon of light for many.

This was an amazing memoir which I would recommend to anyone and you’ll be amazed at what Farah and her mother went through.
nahida

hmmmm
It was a good book.... I used to read fiction in my Farsi language... this book was my first English book that I had to read just for school... I started forcefully but I really enjoyed reading it.... I am from her country but I had never been in Afghanistan.... and somehow it changed my feeling against my Afghans who had been coming from there right through Canada.... I can see my each Afghan that how they had suffered back in Afghanistan... and I'm sure each of my Afghans has a story...I am proud of Farah, and if one day I see her I want to thank her for her best.... I had to read it in class but because of my emotions my teacher let me go home and I could skip my class so I could read it at my house.... somehow The Other Side of the Sky changed my life....
Christina Mao

The Most Heartwarming story of a Girl from Pakistan
Farah is not only the most amazing girl I've ever read about but the bravest. She has this deep knowledge and grace. Coming from a middle-class deep-religion community, moving to a rich Germany, then back, then ending up in the U.S would seem to much to handle. Nope. Farah perseveres and works hard to become a true "American"
Schulz

The Other Side of the Sky
I had to read this book for my school and it was absolutely amazing! Farah is such an inspiration to me and a wonderful role model. What she has done makes me feel like if she could do that, than I could. I thought that my life was not so well, but she has had many many worse experiences than I did. Farah is a strong and brave girl and I will always remember this book and how terrifying her life was.
pratima bisht

The other side of the sky
I could not stop myself crying after reading this book.I found myself emotionally attached with the story.This book is inspiration for all the human beings, who are still living their life on the edge, in fact we all should salute Farah Ahmedi for her courage and faith on herself.

One-Month Free

Discover books that
entertain, engage & enlighten.

Today's Top Picks

• Book Jacket: The Blizzard Party
    The Blizzard Party
    by Jack Livings
    It is 1978 and the place is New York City. A massive bacchanalian party is taking place at an Upper ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light of Days
    The Light of Days
    by Judy Batalion
    Renia, Sarah, Zivia, Frumka, Hantze, Tosia, Vladka, Chajka, Gusta, Hela, Bela, Lonka, Tema, Chasia, ...
  • Book Jacket: Hummingbird Salamander
    Hummingbird Salamander
    by Jeff VanderMeer
    In Hummingbird Salamander, Jeff VanderMeer weaves cybersecurity, bioterrorism, wildlife trafficking ...
  • Book Jacket: The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette
    by Stephanie Dray
    The Women of Chateau Lafayette, Stephanie Dray's latest work of historical fiction, revolves around ...

Of Women and Salt
    by Gabriela Garcia

A kaleidoscopic portrait of generations of women from a 19th-century Cuban cigar factory to the present day.

The Widow Queen
    by Elzbieta Cherezinska

The epic story of an 11th century Polish queen whose life and name were all but forgotten until now.

Miss Austen
by Gill Hornby
A witty, poignant novel about Cassandra Austen and her famous sister, Jane.
Win This Book!
Win The Beauty of Your Face

A New York Times Notable Book of 2020

"Stunning.… A timely family saga with faith and forgiveness at its core."
Marie Claire