Reader reviews and comments on The Plot Against America, plus links to write your own review.

The Plot Against America

by Philip Roth

The Plot Against America by Philip Roth

Oct 2004, 400 pages
    Sep 2005, 400 pages

There are currently 5 reader reviews for The Plot Against America

LINDY (05/25/09)

.EDU
The Plot Against America by Roth was an amazing book. I loved the fact that I knew little American History to relate to this book. Because it made me more vulnerable to believe the reason where people would want Lindbergh as their President. The author used so many historical facts that I would recommend all students and history teachers to read this book.
Anonymous (01/23/05)

Trite, difficult to continue to read. Revising history is cheap. Then again my strong first reaction may be more about what just occurred in the American election and the strong implications for our time.
dianne (01/07/05)

Roth's newest book is truly amazing. It swept me along in multiply waves of fear, terror and mystery. Was the historic Lindbergh as strong a supporter of fascism and isolationism as he is portrayed here? Now I must get back to some serious history reading to find out. Do NOT miss this novel.
lisa (12/02/04)

excellent book,absolutely believable well written you feel like tyou are there. Very enjoyable book
neil safeer (11/29/04)

I found the book to be extremely depressing, considering there is enough written about the real holocaust, without a make-believe one being created. The book was probably well written, since I had to stop reading it, because it so emotionally draining. If it were not for my book club choosing the book as its selection, I never would have read it in the first place.

Discover your next great read here

The Nest
by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney

Manderley Forever
    by Tatiana de Rosnay

Bestselling author Tatiana de Rosnay pays homage to Daphne du Maurier.

No One Is Coming to Save Us
    by Stephanie Powell Watts

One of Entertainment Weekly, Nylon and Elle's most anticipated books of 2017.

Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings.

Y S M B, I'll S Y