MLA Gold Award Site

Reader reviews and comments on The Falls, plus links to write your own review.

The Falls

by Joyce Carol Oates

The Falls

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Aug 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Falls

Naval Langa (08/12/05)

Lucid prose
To start a novel with a disaster is a novelty that is fading its shine perhaps. But the licidity of the prose the author, Joyce Carol Oates has poured onto the pages is wonderful. Its a page turning one.
Coventry (11/02/04)

A good book overall. The detail went on and on at times and I found myself skipping over it. This story covers a long period of time, so it is a little long. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I would probably read another.

Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk