What readers think of The Falls, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reading Guide |  Reviews |  Beyond the book |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

The Falls

by Joyce Carol Oates

The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates X
The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates

Sep 2004, 400 pages

Aug 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Falls

Coventry

A good book overall. The detail went on and on at times and I found myself skipping over it. This story covers a long period of time, so it is a little long. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I would probably read another.
Naval Langa

Lucid prose
To start a novel with a disaster is a novelty that is fading its shine perhaps. But the licidity of the prose the author, Joyce Carol Oates has poured onto the pages is wonderful. Its a page turning one.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Sicilian Inheritance
    The Sicilian Inheritance
    by Jo Piazza
    Sara Marsala is going through a rough patch, to say the least. In the process of divorcing from her ...
  • Book Jacket: The Light Eaters
    The Light Eaters
    by Zoë Schlanger
    The human race is completely dependent on plants. Many people, however, give little thought to ...
  • Book Jacket: Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    Joy Is the Justice We Give Ourselves
    by J Drew Lanham
    As a recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Grant, and a Professor of Wildlife Ecology and Master ...
  • Book Jacket: Glorious Exploits
    Glorious Exploits
    by Ferdia Lennon
    Lampo and Gelon are two unemployed potters in their thirties whose lives are spent between their ...

BookBrowse Book Club

Only the Beautiful
by Susan Meissner
A heartrending story about a young mother’s fight to keep her daughter, and the terrible injustice that tears them apart.

Members Recommend

Daughters of Shandong
    by Eve J. Chung

Eve J. Chung's debut novel recounts a family's flight to Taiwan during China's Communist revolution.

The Stolen Child
    by Ann Hood

An unlikely duo ventures through France and Italy to solve the mystery of a child’s fate.

Win This Book
Win Only the Brave

Only the Brave by Danielle Steel

A powerful, sweeping historical novel about a courageous woman in World War II Germany.

F T a T