Reader reviews and comments on The Falls, plus links to write your own review.

The Falls

by Joyce Carol Oates

The Falls by Joyce Carol Oates

Sep 2004, 400 pages
    Aug 2005, 512 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Falls

Naval Langa (08/12/05)

Lucid prose
To start a novel with a disaster is a novelty that is fading its shine perhaps. But the licidity of the prose the author, Joyce Carol Oates has poured onto the pages is wonderful. Its a page turning one.
Coventry (11/02/04)

A good book overall. The detail went on and on at times and I found myself skipping over it. This story covers a long period of time, so it is a little long. This is the first book I have read by this author, and I would probably read another.

All Tomorrow's Parties
    by Rob Spillman
  • Book Jacket: Strangers in Their Own Land
    Strangers in Their Own Land
    by Arlie Russell Hochschild
  • Book Jacket: The Dry
    The Dry
    by Jane Harper
    After receiving a letter from his childhood friend's father, Aaron Falk, a Melbourne police officer ...

The Sellout
by Paul Beatty

The first book by an American author to win the prestigious Man Booker Prize.

The Fifth Petal
    by Brunonia Barry

A Piece of the World
    by Christina Baker Kline

Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering.

K Your F C