Reader reviews and comments on The Jane Austen Book Club, plus links to write your own review.

The Jane Austen Book Club

May 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Jane Austen Book Club

Melissa

Disappointed
I read this because of all the hype surrounding it especially for book clubs. I can't say I was overly impressed. I've read similar books that had better character development and more exciting plots. The ending was disappointingly predictable. Though the read was easy even with the flashbacks and with the lack of explanation of the Austin references, it has sparked my desire to read the classic novels!
Robert

Syrupy Chick Book
Shallow characters and syrupy story line without much plot leaves the reader without much substance. Don't expect anything like the depth of "Reading Lolita in Tehran." Comic novel according to the NYT.

If you want a predictable plot, sugar sweet ending (requires suspension of credulity), and hum drum story, this one is for you.

• Book Jacket: A Spark of Light
    by Hank Green
  • Book Jacket: Waiting for Eden
    Waiting for Eden
    by Elliot Ackerman
    Elliot Ackerman's latest novel, Waiting for Eden, follows Marine Eden Malcom as his death ...
  • Book Jacket: A Well-Behaved Woman
    A Well-Behaved Woman
    by Therese Anne Fowler
    The full title of A Well-Behaved Woman includes the subtitle A Novel of the Vanderbilts which is ...

Unsheltered
by Barbara Kingsolver

A timely novel that explores the human capacity for resiliency and compassion.

The Kinship of Secrets
    by Eugenia Kim

The Travelling Cat Chronicles
    by Hiro Arikawa

A life-affirming anthem to kindness and self-sacrifice.

Win Strangers in Budapest

Strangers in Budapest

A couple trying to make a new life in a foreign land find themselves drawn into a cultural and generational vendetta.

N M I A T Law