What readers think of Lab 257, plus links to write your own review.

Lab 257

Feb 2004, 288 pages

Aug 2005, 352 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Lab 257

mb1

Informative coverage of a sensitive topic
Book did a nice job of covering a sensitive topic that most people are unaware of. Biological weapons are by far some of the most insidious potentially damaging weapons in the modern arsenal. It should not surprise anyone that our government is developing them, just as other governments are doing. Throughout time there has always been an arms race.
As far as Lyme disease being discovered in the mid-70's - that is a popular however untrue myth. Medical literature describes the disease as far back as the late 1800's.
The Arrow

There's even more information that he missed finding
Read the book in a very short while. Excellent. May only have scratched the surface of the problem. There may have been, as he suggests, collusion among the very 'Hallowed Ivy Covered' Halls of our most revered academic institutions ,the very institutions that are at or near the peak of the educational system in this country and this lab, furthering even more specualtion as to why there is such fierce resistance on the part of some medical communities to admitting this potential medical timebomb even exists. Kuddos to Mike Carroll.
bill june

Book was out of this world to be honest im not really a book person every book i pick up i read 10 pages and never finish.This book i couldnt put down,this guys work is simply amazing.Mike Carroll is someone with potential for greatness
ris

i couldn't put it down in the bookstore and read most of it in 2-3 hours. SCARY!!!!! especially considering i live on connecticut's coastline!!!
Ranger X

Lyme Disease didn't appear until 1975
Dee, I hate to outright call you a liar, but Lyme disease wasn't called such or discovered until the mid- to late-1970s.

Dee

Complete Nonsense!
I have a book published by the Government that talks about Lyme Disease in the 1940's. The book I have talks about the Lyme Spirochetes and tick bites and all the diseases it causes.

Obviously, Mr. Carroll did not do his research. Shame on Mr. Carroll.

Lab 257 is a powerful indictment of our government's secret plan to weaponize diseases. In this book the author presents strong evidence that one of the silent plagues, Lyme disease, came from this very lab on Plum Island. It is strong stuff and a dose of this book should send people to the streets in protest even with the author's suggestions that in our present world of terrorism and rogue states the US needs a lab such as this for protection. The question that arises is how do we protect ourselves from our own government's inability to make us safe from their experiments highly contagious and deadly germs. The answer is-they can't.

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

The Lost Ticket
    by Freya Sampson
    Drama on the bus can be Shakespearean. You just want to go downtown, but on the way, you overhear a ...
    The War Librarian
    by Addison Armstrong
    Emmaline Balakin believes in the power of the written word — books have changed her life. When...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of Goose
    The Book of Goose
    by Yiyun Li
    Yiyun Li's The Book of Goose is a story of childhood friendship between narrator Agnès, a one-...
  • Book Jacket: Big Red
    Big Red
    by Jerome Charyn
    Jerome Charyn made his name as an author of detective novels, and over the years he has taken his ...

The Bell in the Lake
by Lars Mytting

Members Recommend

Our Missing Hearts
    by Celeste Ng

From the author of Little Fires Everywhere, the inspiring new novel about a mother’s unbreakable love in a world consumed by fear.

Book Club Giveaway!