Reader reviews and comments on The Confessions of Max Tivoli, plus links to write your own review.

The Confessions of Max Tivoli

by Andrew Sean Greer

The Confessions of Max Tivoli

Feb 2004, 288 pages
    Feb 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Confessions of Max Tivoli

Power Reviewer Melissa (05/16/07)

Young at heart
Often we wish we had the wisdom of our years when we are young, but would we really? While I felt profound sadness for the character while I was reading this, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the thoughts and memories it provoked in me.
13 year old (09/08/04)

I love philosophical novels. This just happens to remind me a bit of myself. Fantastic novel, but not for the untrained mind. Each word is like a message within itself, a story both relative and perspective. This is by far my favorite book, and one of two books to bring me to tears. The story is differnt than the subconsious message it provides for readers. I cried not beccause of the story, but of the sad truth about life the novel reveals. A highly reccommended tale for the enthusiastic reader, and one who takes the time to cherish each page.

• Book Jacket: Harmony

Darling Days
    by iO Tillett Wright

The Tea Planter's Wife
    by Dinah Jefferies

An utterly engrossing, compulsive page-turner set in 1920s Ceylon.

This Must Be the Place
by Maggie O'Farrell

Win Blood at the Root

Blood at the Root

"A gripping, timely, and important examination of American racism."
- PW Starred Review