Reader reviews and comments on The Confessions of Max Tivoli, plus links to write your own review.

The Confessions of Max Tivoli

by Andrew Sean Greer

The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer

Feb 2004, 288 pages
    Feb 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Confessions of Max Tivoli

13 year old

I love philosophical novels. This just happens to remind me a bit of myself. Fantastic novel, but not for the untrained mind. Each word is like a message within itself, a story both relative and perspective. This is by far my favorite book, and one of two books to bring me to tears. The story is differnt than the subconsious message it provides for readers. I cried not beccause of the story, but of the sad truth about life the novel reveals. A highly reccommended tale for the enthusiastic reader, and one who takes the time to cherish each page.
Power Reviewer Melissa

Young at heart
Often we wish we had the wisdom of our years when we are young, but would we really? While I felt profound sadness for the character while I was reading this, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the thoughts and memories it provoked in me.

• Book Jacket: Shadow Man
    Shadow Man
    by Alan Drew
    The Noise of Time
    by Julian Barnes
    Smoke
    by Dan Vyleta

Wherever they burn books, in the end will also burn human beings.

The Almost Sisters

A powerful, emotionally resonant novel of the South.

T H Are B T O