Reader reviews and comments on The Confessions of Max Tivoli, plus links to write your own review.

The Confessions of Max Tivoli

by Andrew Sean Greer

The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer X
The Confessions of Max Tivoli by Andrew Sean Greer

Feb 2004, 288 pages
    Feb 2005, 288 pages

There are currently 2 reader reviews for The Confessions of Max Tivoli

13 year old

I love philosophical novels. This just happens to remind me a bit of myself. Fantastic novel, but not for the untrained mind. Each word is like a message within itself, a story both relative and perspective. This is by far my favorite book, and one of two books to bring me to tears. The story is differnt than the subconsious message it provides for readers. I cried not beccause of the story, but of the sad truth about life the novel reveals. A highly reccommended tale for the enthusiastic reader, and one who takes the time to cherish each page.
Melissa

Young at heart
Often we wish we had the wisdom of our years when we are young, but would we really? While I felt profound sadness for the character while I was reading this, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and the thoughts and memories it provoked in me.

• Book Jacket: Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    Black Leopard, Red Wolf
    by Marlon James
    If you are looking for an indulgent, escapist fantasy, Black Leopard, Red Wolf may not be for you. ...
  • Book Jacket: That Time I Loved You
    That Time I Loved You
    by Carianne Leung
    Carrianne Leung was a Toronto Book Award finalist for That Time I Loved You as well as for her debut...
  • Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Aeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...

A People's History of Heaven
    by Mathangi Subramanian

A story of love and friendship, and fighting for the places we love.

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!