MLA Platinum Award Press Release

Reader reviews and comments on The Last Juror, plus links to write your own review.

The Last Juror

by John Grisham

The Last Juror by John Grisham X
The Last Juror by John Grisham

Feb 2004, 368 pages
    Dec 2004, 496 pages

There are currently 14 reader reviews for The Last Juror

Misty

This is the first Grishom book I've read since A Time to Kill and I thought it was fabulous. I love the way he described the characters, even if they were only there for the moment. The ending was a complete surprise! I began to wonder how he would fifnish the book in the last chapter. I read the book in just a couple of days, couldn't put it down.
Erin Gross

I love John Grisham and thought this book was his best. I am fifteen years old and the first book of his, I read when I was twelve, it was Pelican Brief, then I read A Time to Kill, The Firm, and The Chamber. John Grisham does such a great job at explaining the characters, I really feel I know them, which makes it that more emotional to read his books.
Takesha Vance

I am a sixteen year old student in high school and i had to read The Last Juror as an assignment. At first I wan't really too excited about reading this particular book but as I progressed into the second chapter the story was becoming very captivating. It is one of the few interesting books I have read in a long time but I enjoyed it a great deal. I wou;ld recommend this book to anyone of any age and i would even consider reading it again myself. I rate this book superbly.
Pamela

I'm 16 years old, and have bought and read every John Grisham book out so far. John Grisham is a truely talented writer. Last Juror is another piece of evidence that shows exactly why he is a best seller. With his great discriptions telling not only where the characters came from, but what they're like and why they are in the situation they have come into, he makes you feel like you know the people, like you're in Ford County with them. This story hooks your attention right from the beginning and doesn't let go until the end. I would truely recommend this book to anyone despite their age. It is an amazing book, beginning to end.
Samantha

This is one of the greatest books to come forth from this prolific writer. It encompasses the great fullness of living in smallville Mississippi. I could not add or extract one thing from this acclaimed novel. I am touched that it takes such care and finesse to describe the situation of 1970 in rural Mississippi. It makes one feel like they understand the times and this relates greatly with the characters. The characters were of great impact to the moral text. Underlying the books main topic, was the undertoe that pulled Willie to Miss Callie. Only those with great knowledge of Mississippi today and then could relate. Mississippi may be seen as "backwards and rednecked" but this showed that thru it all we only care about those that we are closely knit to in life, family, church, or acquaintances.
kristelle

The Last Juror
i Need to read this book because of such book report project.The first chapter was really boring bur as the chapter continues, the more the climax become near..This book is really awesome and I recommend this book to all ages especially book lovers..

A two thumbs up!
Anonymous

I believe that John Grisham's The Last Juror conveys round characters and a suspenseful plot. The ending is in no way predictable (unless you skipped ahead and read the last chapter as that is the only way you would know the ending). You find yourself in the novel along side, Willie, reporting for the Ford County Times and being hopelessly scrutinized by the Padgitts. This book was thoroughly enjoyable, and if you enjoy legal dramas then you will find yourself ingulfed in Grisham's magical writing.

I am sixteen years old and taking AP classes, (they count as college credit) so do not disregard my review as a "child's opinion"
Ben

I am 16 years old and this was the first Grisham book that I have read and I believe that this was a good book. Although I had not read any of his books I have seen a couple of his movies (The Firm and Runaway Jury). When I picked this book up I was expecting it to be another one of his courtroom thrillers focusing on one of the jurors, but I was wrong. Do not take this the wrong way though; "The Last Juror" was a very good book that focused more on some of the moral issues happening in the 60's and 70's, like racism and the color barrier. One of the best highlights in this book was the character development. The character of Miss Callie, the mild-mannered African American, and the very enjoyable and hilarious red-neck character of Harry Rex were all great. Overall I enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next John Grisham book.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
    by Christy Lefteri
    In Christy Lefteri's sophomore novel, The Beekeeper of Aleppo, the author introduces readers to ...
    Cantoras
    by Carolina De Robertis
    Cantoras by Carolina De Robertis follows five characters who share a house, troubles, joys and parts...
  • Book Jacket: Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    Daughters Of Smoke & Fire
    by Ava Homa
    Ava Homa's debut novel begins with an epigraph by Sherko Bekas, a Kurdish poet, the last lines of ...
  • Book Jacket: The Book of V.
    The Book of V.
    by Anna Solomon
    In ancient Persia, Esther, a young Jewish woman, parades herself in front of the king in a desperate...

The Stone Girl
    by Dirk Wittenborn

A riveting tale of deception, vengeance, and power set against the haunting beauty of the Adirondacks.

The Last Train to Key West
    by Chanel Cleeton

Romance and danger are locked into Cleeton's suitcase for this journey to 1935 Key West.

The Beekeeper of Aleppo
by Christy Lefteri

This moving, intimate, and beautifully written novel puts human faces on the Syrian war.

Win Of Bears and Ballots

An Alaskan Adventure in Small-Town Politics

A charming account of holding local office with an entertaining, quirky cast of characters.

A S Louder T W