What readers think of The Lady and the Unicorn, plus links to write your own review.

The Lady and the Unicorn

Jan 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lady and the Unicorn

Darmanian Le'Phayle

Le Paris C'ontre
DAR ABRAHAMOVICH! Magnificent! Splendid! The alliteration can't be beaten! The imagination blows one's mind! Everyone has to read this.
Charlie

This is a great book.I loved it from the start to the finish. In fact it was so good, I couldn't wait for lunch times to come round or to get home from work, so that I could pick up the book and get submerged once again in this 15th century medieval story. The rogue artist (Nicolas des Innocents) gets tangled in various relationships whilst the creation of some gorgeous tapestries (designed by Nicholas) for the nobleman Jean Le Viste are being created. This is a superb story with great characters, and definitely one of the best books I have read. Even when you have finished this book the characters stay with you. Wonderful! I cannot wait until I can get hold of another Tracy Chevalier book.
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
This is a delightful, engrossing story that educates as it entertains. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction at its finest.
Jacky LORETTE

Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?
Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?

You will see, with The Lady and the Unicorn, we are far from the simple interpretation usually known of the Five Senses !

The tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn were woven for Antoine Le Viste, perhaps in Brussels, Tournai or Bruges. They can be the work of the painter Jean Perreal, known as Jehan of Paris. The mysterious Lady is Mary Tudor, third wife of Louis XII and sister of Henry VIII, who was the Queen of France from August to December 1514. The second woman is Claude of France, wife of François 1st. The six tapestries, currently visible in the Museum of the Middle Ages and the Thermal Baths of Cluny in Paris, are part of a series of eight tapestries, and tell various episodes of Mary's life in France.
veronica

This is the third book of Tracy Chevalier's that I've read and I've loved all of them. (Girl With a Pearl Earring and Falling Angels) She has such a unique writing style. I highly recommend her books!
Anisa

I find it a very interesting book

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.75 per month.

• Book Jacket: The Most Precious Substance on Earth
    The Most Precious Substance on Earth
    by Shashi Bhat
    Think of all the worst parts of puberty — all the moments you partially miss or brood about ...
    Lightning Strike
    by William Kent Krueger
    It is the summer of 1963 in Tamarack County, Minnesota. Just outside the small town of Aurora, ...
  • Book Jacket: Bitch
    Bitch
    by Lucy Cooke
    In middle school biology class, many of us were told that men hunt and women nest, that testosterone...
  • Book Jacket: Jackie & Me
    Jackie & Me
    by Louis Bayard
    Louis Bayard's Jackie & Me offers a fictionalized version of the early relationship between John F. ...

Members Recommend

Some of It Was Real
    by Nan Fischer

A psychic on the verge of stardom and a cynical journalist are brought together by secrets that threaten to tear them apart.

Widowland
    by C. J. Carey

A thrilling feminist dystopian novel set in an alternate 1950s Britain under the control of the Third Reich.

It is among the commonplaces of education that we often first cut off the living root and then try to replace its ...

I Wishes W H B W R