Reader reviews and comments on The Lady and the Unicorn, plus links to write your own review.

The Lady and the Unicorn

Jan 2005, 256 pages

There are currently 6 reader reviews for The Lady and the Unicorn

Darmanian Le'Phayle

Le Paris C'ontre
DAR ABRAHAMOVICH! Magnificent! Splendid! The alliteration can't be beaten! The imagination blows one's mind! Everyone has to read this.
Charlie

This is a great book.I loved it from the start to the finish. In fact it was so good, I couldn't wait for lunch times to come round or to get home from work, so that I could pick up the book and get submerged once again in this 15th century medieval story. The rogue artist (Nicolas des Innocents) gets tangled in various relationships whilst the creation of some gorgeous tapestries (designed by Nicholas) for the nobleman Jean Le Viste are being created. This is a superb story with great characters, and definitely one of the best books I have read. Even when you have finished this book the characters stay with you. Wonderful! I cannot wait until I can get hold of another Tracy Chevalier book.
BookBrowse

BookBrowse.com - Davina
This is a delightful, engrossing story that educates as it entertains. A must read for anyone who enjoys historical fiction at its finest.
Jacky LORETTE

Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?
Mary Tudor - Suffolk, the mysterious Lady of The Lady and the Unicorn ?

You will see, with The Lady and the Unicorn, we are far from the simple interpretation usually known of the Five Senses !

The tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn were woven for Antoine Le Viste, perhaps in Brussels, Tournai or Bruges. They can be the work of the painter Jean Perreal, known as Jehan of Paris. The mysterious Lady is Mary Tudor, third wife of Louis XII and sister of Henry VIII, who was the Queen of France from August to December 1514. The second woman is Claude of France, wife of François 1st. The six tapestries, currently visible in the Museum of the Middle Ages and the Thermal Baths of Cluny in Paris, are part of a series of eight tapestries, and tell various episodes of Mary's life in France.
veronica

This is the third book of Tracy Chevalier's that I've read and I've loved all of them. (Girl With a Pearl Earring and Falling Angels) She has such a unique writing style. I highly recommend her books!
Anisa

I find it a very interesting book

Join BookBrowse

• Book Jacket: The Sea Gate
    The Sea Gate
    by Jane Johnson
    In Jane Johnson's novel, The Sea Gate, set in England, readers are introduced to Becky, a young ...
  • Book Jacket: Stories from Suffragette City
    Stories from Suffragette City
    by M.J. Rose, Fiona Davis
    Our First Impressions readers were fascinated by the historical fiction from a range of authors ...
  • Book Jacket: The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie
    by Marie Benedict
    The Mystery of Mrs. Christie by Marie Benedict, notable author of previous historical fiction such ...
  • Book Jacket: To Be a Man
    To Be a Man
    by Nicole Krauss
    While, as its title hints, To Be a Man by Nicole Krauss is concerned with masculinity, it renders a ...

At the Edge of the Haight
    by Katherine Seligman

Winner of the 2019 PEN/Bellwether Prize for Socially Engaged Fiction.

The Fortunate Ones
    by Ed Tarkington

An engrossing story of class, love, and loyalty for fans of Kevin Wilson's Nothing to See Here.

The Moment of Lift
by Melinda Gates
How can we summon a moment of lift for women? Because when you lift up women, you lift up humanity.

Beliefs are what divide people. Doubt unites them

T M T C, T M T Stay T S