Reader reviews and comments on Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea, plus links to write your own review.

Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea

Oct 2003, 320 pages
    Jul 2004, 352 pages

There is 1 reader review for Sailing the Wine-Dark Sea

Anonymous

This book was a help to me, in putting into clearer perspective the Greek portion of the Western Civilization courses that I took in school. Since I have a little knowledge of the Greek langauge, but not enough to read his poems in the original, Cahill's usage of fresh translations of Homer's poem was particularly helpful in my appreciation of the poet's work.

• Book Jacket: La Belle Sauvage
    La Belle Sauvage
    by Philip Pullman
    Voted 2017 Best Young Adult Novel by BookBrowse's Subscribers

I wasn't quite sure what to expect ...
  • Book Jacket: Leonardo da Vinci
    by Chloe Benjamin
  • Book Jacket: The Kites
    The Kites
    by Romain Gary, Miranda Richmond Mouillot
    Published by New Directions for the first time in English, Romain Gary's The Kites tells a story of ...

Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig