Reader reviews and comments on Grass For His Pillow, plus links to write your own review.

Grass For His Pillow

Jun 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Grass For His Pillow

Tiff

grass for his pillow
this book is so good but i liked thet frist book more i still could not put it down it is major page turner. Hearn captures real life thoughts and puts in with it. all i can really say is that this book is really good.
Raziel the MechWarrior

this is a great book to read if you are a fan of japanese anime and feudal times
namae

Just perfect!!! :)
Alan

Grrrrrr-eat!!!
Bitter

_
I found this book a little depressing and less energetic than the former, but I guess it was aimed at crushing that 'fantasy world' that had been built around Takeo and Kaede, leaving them to fight their way out of reality with a flag in one hand and a heart in the other.

Despite this dark mood, the story is as imaginitive and clever as always, and the book still presents itself well and is worth a read.
jlp

Hearn again draws, with understanding and affection, on the world of medieval Japan for her inspiration. Though it's not quite as good as Across the Nightingale Floor, that book was so good that it really doesn't matter! The struggles Kaede and Takeo undergo to achieve their goals matures them, and this unfolds gradually and naturally. This series has made me a huge fan of Hearn!
Anonymous

This is one awesome book@!!

• Book Jacket: The Overstory
    by Patricia Hampl

Music of the Ghosts by Vaddey Ratner

The Girl Who Smiled Beads
    by Clemantine Wamariya & Elizabeth Weil

A riveting story of survival, and the power of stories to save us.

Win The Leavers

The Leavers by Lisa Ko

One of the most anticipated books of 2017--now in paperback!

T E H N Clothes