Reader reviews and comments on Grass For His Pillow, plus links to write your own review.

Grass For His Pillow

Jun 2004, 368 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for Grass For His Pillow

Bitter (09/06/06)

_
I found this book a little depressing and less energetic than the former, but I guess it was aimed at crushing that 'fantasy world' that had been built around Takeo and Kaede, leaving them to fight their way out of reality with a flag in one hand and a heart in the other.

Despite this dark mood, the story is as imaginitive and clever as always, and the book still presents itself well and is worth a read.
Tiff (04/13/06)

grass for his pillow
this book is so good but i liked thet frist book more i still could not put it down it is major page turner. Hearn captures real life thoughts and puts in with it. all i can really say is that this book is really good.
jlp (01/21/05)

Hearn again draws, with understanding and affection, on the world of medieval Japan for her inspiration. Though it's not quite as good as Across the Nightingale Floor, that book was so good that it really doesn't matter! The struggles Kaede and Takeo undergo to achieve their goals matures them, and this unfolds gradually and naturally. This series has made me a huge fan of Hearn!
Anonymous (09/16/04)

This is one awesome book@!!
Raziel the MechWarrior (05/31/04)

this is a great book to read if you are a fan of japanese anime and feudal times
namae (04/23/04)

Just perfect!!! :)
Alan (12/24/03)

Grrrrrr-eat!!!

• Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
    by Simon Targett, John Butman
  • Book Jacket: New World, Inc.
    New World, Inc.
  • Book Jacket: The Electric Woman
    The Electric Woman
    by Tessa Fontaine

Harbor of Spies by Robin Lloyd

A captivating thriller-at-sea set in Spanish colonial Havana in the 1860s.

Sometimes I Lie