Reader reviews and comments on A House Called Awful End, plus links to write your own review.

A House Called Awful End

Sep 2003, 144 pages

There are currently 10 reader reviews for A House Called Awful End

Colin Schenk

A House Called Awful End Review
A House Called Awful End is a very detailed and funny book that takes place probably somewhere around the 1500's. But anyways, this book is great for kids and young adults looking for some good laughs. And a couple years ago, I did a book project on this book. This is a all-around great book. You would enjoy it :).
Tisme

AWESOME!!
I love this book!! It's AWESOME!!! Very funny!
CherryT

Very good book!
It was a very funny book and I always want to go back and read it again!
sara

A house Called AWFUL END
I thought this book was exciting and so funny to read. i enjoyed this book so much. i reccomand this book to all ages it's wonderful. age: 10
Tibby

sweet
i loved it. at first i thought it would be a knock off of series of unfortunate events, but boy was i wrong. this book was awesome, and i enjoyed it, even at the age of 16. it was darkly humorous, but not dark in a mature way. definately one of the books you'll never get sick of!!!
Jonathan

This Was The Best Book Ever
Delaney

This book was outlandishly funny, I look forward to finishing the series, despit my age, 13. I am currently doing a report on said novel. Bravo Mr Phillip Ardagh!
Zack

This is a great read, filled with outlandish humor and wacky characters. A quick read that's over almost too soon, so it's good it's part of a trilogy. I'd recommend it to everyone, the humor may be a little sophisticated for younger audiences however. I'm 16 and I still enjoyed it.

• Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...
  • Book Jacket: Code Name Lise
    Code Name Lise
    by Larry Loftis
    Odette Sansom (1912 – 1995), a Frenchwoman married to a British man and living in the English ...

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!