Reader reviews and comments on Bay of Souls, plus links to write your own review.

Bay of Souls

by Robert Stone

Bay of Souls by Robert Stone

Apr 2003, 256 pages
    Jun 2004, 272 pages

There is 1 reader review for Bay of Souls

jpj (07/14/03)

Until Bay of Souls, I've only read Dog Soldiers by Stone, but keep meaning to read other things. The bulk of his books are about characters involved in political situations from the the news today. With the exception of the book about the guy who goes sailing I think... Stone is a decent writer who still has his chops, but this book seems like it was lacking inspiration. Also, some of the plot seems unreal, ie he basically leaves his wife to travel to another country because another professor has the hots for him. Ok but while he's in that country he doesn't once phone in to speak with his wife or seem to worried about it. Poor editing. I finished the book, and most of the scenes came alive and the characters were interesting, but it lacked that special something. Autopilot. A 4 is generous.

• Book Jacket: The End of Eddy

by Melodie Winawer

Win The Chalk Pit

The Chalk Pit:
A Ruth Galloway Mystery

A string of murders takes Ruth underground in the newest book in the series.

T W Don't M A R