Reader reviews and comments on Stupid White Men, plus links to write your own review.

Stupid White Men

...and Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!

by Michael Moore

Stupid White Men by Michael Moore

Feb 2002, 304 pages
    May 2004, 304 pages

There are currently 19 reader reviews for Stupid White Men

Anonymous

This book was, as expected, extremely biased. It was, on the other hand, an incredibly good and informative read. Had Michael Moore merely spouted this 'crap' out without supporting it strongly, it would be much harder to believe. Thank god the reign of stupid white men is close to coming to an end. As well, Mr. Moore's review of the events that occured in November of 2000 were extremely helpful and informative, as well as supported by many other sources. Overall, Michael Moore has hit another home run with "Stupid White Men"
alan@smarktown.com

Facts, truth... required reading for anyone who thinks they are informed and still wants to vote for King George.
the real Alex

Michael Moore’s Stupid White Men is an absolutely amazing book! This book is a masterpiece; it is explosively funny and the subjects are extremely well researched, I think it is one of the best books of our time, it is defiantly one if my favourit books to date. Although the title suggests something about stupid white men (which probably refers to today’s politicians) it talks about many other subjects including: the election that resulted in Bush’s presidency, secrets (kind of) about modern politicians and many others which I will discuss. I think it a good title; very catchy, and he says a lot in just three words (modern politics are (mostly) ruled by somewhat old, thankfully not degrading, white men). Even here in Canada we have had only one woman prime minister and none of our prime ministers have ever been black. I recommend it to every one and anyone.
Suze

Great book! Full of voice and humor. 1st amendment states right of free speech, so this book shows the practice of this amendment. I'm only 17 and not old enough to vote yet, but I'm learning about this in class. People should really think about how corrupted our country is getting.
Jeniffer

quiero darles la opinion de este libro me parece buenissimo[
Linden

A great read that categorically states in a humerous and light hearted manner the problems with this US administration. There are many sections of this book which are unbelieveable, such as the list of facts of things that Dubya has done during his reign of terror to date.
Leo

There should be more people who open the public's eyes. Unfortunately, most AMERICANS are satisfied with the lies fed by their stupid president and the media while they comfortable tuck themselves into bed every night.

Most of the critics of Moore fail to cite ONE point in rebuttal to his points. All the critics can say is "He is un-patriotic and criticizing." Why not try to answer some of his questions? Wouldn't that really put him on the spot?

Way to go Moore. You are a man with a conscience while most Americans are happy considering the 1.5 MILLION Iraqi civilian deaths as collateral damage.

Just remember, God is watching and what goes around, comes around.
Mette

In a "socialist" country this book would have been welcome. Who says you can't be sarcastic about things? In my country, Norway, people even make fun of the royal family, we have no qualms about criticizing the prime minister and they are ridiculed if they make asses of themselves. That's just the way life is. Everybody should be allowed to criticize their gouvernment since they are elected on the behalf of the people. They should do what the people want, not vica versa. Yay for Moore who talks on behalf of those who don't have the opportunity! The world needs more books like this.

Discover your next great read here

• Book Jacket: Good Me Bad Me

by Francesca Hornak

Win The Wisdom of Sundays

The Wisdom of Sundays
by Oprah Winfrey

Life-changing insights from super soul conversations.

A Good M I H T F