What readers think of Saddam, plus links to write your own review.

Summary |  Excerpt |  Reviews |  Read-Alikes |  Genres & Themes |  Author Bio

Mar 2003, 384 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Saddam

Joshua Lim

Saddam: King of Terror
A great book to know more about Saddam lifestory. It provides interesting details on his life from a small boy to a tyrant. However, this books show traces of 'biasness' on the part of the author in depeciting negative aspects of his life.
Brian Murphy

If your looking for a highly critical book on Sadaam, this is not the book for you. This book would be given a rating of 5, however it is packed full of evidence that cannot be backed up. This book is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. It is too one sided. The problem with Journalists today is that they don't look at the whole yard. Most journalists only stay on their side of the fence and don't even attempt to look at what's in their neighbor's yard. Perhaps the anti Bush and the pro Bush writers need to get together and write one giant book that includes evidence that can be proved and not allow junk evidence in their books. I have read many pro and anti Bush books because I like to understand both sides. The problem is that most of these books are filled with untruths. The majority of these books I found to be in the pro-Bush category, although there are some anti-Bush books that do bend the truth just like Con Coughlin's poor excuse for a book.

If you would like a book that is not judgmental, try Noah Feldman's What We Owe Iraq. This book does not address the legality or wisdom of the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime, nor the question of when international intervention is justified. He includes some useful anecdotes from his Iraqi tenure, though he doesn't aim to produce a comprehensive account of political negotiations there. But his knowledge of the facts on the ground does lead him to conclude that the U.S. needs to stay in Iraq for democracy to take; his book, based on lectures delivered at Princeton in April 2004, constructs an ethics for doing so. Feldman helped shape Iraq's Transitional Administrative Law, the interim constitution and political road map for the country's transition from occupied territory to sovereign, democratic nation. ''What We Owe Iraq: War and the Ethics of Nation Building'' is a product of that experience.

I think, that Mr. Coughlin makes his research back to front, collecting things, that would support the end which he wants to reach.

Join our inner reading circle, go ad-free and get way more!

• Book Jacket: The Last Bloodcarver
    The Last Bloodcarver
    by Vanessa Le
    The city-state of Theumas is a gleaming metropolis of advanced technology and innovation where the ...
  • Book Jacket: Say Hello to My Little Friend
    Say Hello to My Little Friend
    by Jennine CapĂł Crucet
    Twenty-year-old Ismael Reyes is making a living in Miami as an impersonator of the rapper/singer ...
  • Book Jacket: The Painter's Daughters
    The Painter's Daughters
    by Emily Howes
    Peggy and Molly Gainsborough are sisters and best friends, living an idyllic life in 18th-century ...
  • Book Jacket: Beverly Hills Spy
    Beverly Hills Spy
    by Ronald Drabkin
    When it comes to espionage, not only is truth stranger than fiction, sometimes it can be downright ...

BookBrowse Book Club

A Great Country
by Shilpi Somaya Gowda
A novel exploring the ties and fractures of a close-knit Indian-American family in the aftermath of a violent encounter with the police.

Members Recommend

The House on Biscayne Bay
    by Chanel Cleeton

As death stalks a gothic mansion in Miami, the lives of two women intertwine as the past and present collide.

The Stone Home
    by Crystal Hana Kim

A moving family drama and coming-of-age story revealing a dark corner of South Korean history.

Anagrams