Reader reviews and comments on Saddam, plus links to write your own review.

Saddam

Mar 2003, 384 pages

There are currently 3 reader reviews for Saddam

Joshua Lim

Saddam: King of Terror
A great book to know more about Saddam lifestory. It provides interesting details on his life from a small boy to a tyrant. However, this books show traces of 'biasness' on the part of the author in depeciting negative aspects of his life.
Brian Murphy

If your looking for a highly critical book on Sadaam, this is not the book for you. This book would be given a rating of 5, however it is packed full of evidence that cannot be backed up. This book is nothing more than a conspiracy theory. It is too one sided. The problem with Journalists today is that they don't look at the whole yard. Most journalists only stay on their side of the fence and don't even attempt to look at what's in their neighbor's yard. Perhaps the anti Bush and the pro Bush writers need to get together and write one giant book that includes evidence that can be proved and not allow junk evidence in their books. I have read many pro and anti Bush books because I like to understand both sides. The problem is that most of these books are filled with untruths. The majority of these books I found to be in the pro-Bush category, although there are some anti-Bush books that do bend the truth just like Con Coughlin's poor excuse for a book.

If you would like a book that is not judgmental, try Noah Feldman's What We Owe Iraq. This book does not address the legality or wisdom of the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime, nor the question of when international intervention is justified. He includes some useful anecdotes from his Iraqi tenure, though he doesn't aim to produce a comprehensive account of political negotiations there. But his knowledge of the facts on the ground does lead him to conclude that the U.S. needs to stay in Iraq for democracy to take; his book, based on lectures delivered at Princeton in April 2004, constructs an ethics for doing so. Feldman helped shape Iraq's Transitional Administrative Law, the interim constitution and political road map for the country's transition from occupied territory to sovereign, democratic nation. ''What We Owe Iraq: War and the Ethics of Nation Building'' is a product of that experience.

I think, that Mr. Coughlin makes his research back to front, collecting things, that would support the end which he wants to reach.

• Book Jacket: The Pianist from Syria
    The Pianist from Syria
    by Aeham Ahmad
    Ahmad and his PianoAeham Ahmad became famous as the face of Syrian suffering when a photo of him playing piano in the ...
  • Book Jacket: The Smiling Man
    The Smiling Man
    by Joseph Knox
    Joseph Knox's latest turns on a simple premise: an unidentified and unidentifiable murdered man is ...
  • Book Jacket: The Heavens
    The Heavens
    by Sandra Newman
    I've been a big fan of Sandra Newman's writing ever since reading her 2014 novel The Country of Ice ...
  • Book Jacket: Sugar Run
    Sugar Run
    by Mesha Maren
    Mesha Maren's debut novel is a plunge into the depths of the dark Southern gothic with pulsing and ...

The Last Year of the War
    by Susan Meissner

A little-known story of WWII with great resonance for our times.

American Princess
    by Stephanie Marie Thornton

Rated 4.9 stars by BookBrowse members - one of the highest scores of all time!

Book Club
Girls Burn Brighter
by Shobha Rao

An extraordinary and heart-rending tale of two girls with all the odds against them.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win The Summer Country

Win up to 12 copies to share with friends or your book club!

A sweeping epic of lost love, lies, jealousy, and rebellion set in colonial Barbados.

D T T! Full S A!