Reader reviews and comments on Final Witness, plus links to write your own review.

Final Witness

by Simon Tolkien

Final Witness by Simon Tolkien X
Final Witness by Simon Tolkien

Dec 2002, 304 pages
    Aug 2004, 320 pages

There is 1 reader review for Final Witness

ccarpe3

Final Witness has the slightly awkward tone of a first novel, the situation is cliched, and both the main characters and potentially intriguing secondary characters are insufficiently developed. Nonetheless, I was sufficiently intrigued by it that I missed my stop while reading it on the way to work. Tolkein says in his interview that he tried to limit details about the courtroom process, but as someone who works in the legal field I would actually have liked to learn more about British trial procedures.

Final Witness wasn't up to the level of P.D. James, Ruth Rendell or Charles Todd, but it was definitely worth the short time spent reading it. I look forward to Tolkein's next legal thriller, particularly if features characters with more psychological depth.

• Book Jacket: Memories of the Future
    Memories of the Future
    by Siri Hustvedt
    I've never kept a journal, but my mother has written in hers for years, the annual volumes she's ...
  • Book Jacket: Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    Professor Chandra Follows His Bliss
    by Rajeev Balasubramanyam
    Rajeev Balasubramanyam encapsulates the theme of Professor Chandra Follows his Bliss in its first ...
  • Book Jacket: The Workshop and the World
    The Workshop and the World
    by Robert P. Crease
    The longest glacier in France, the Mer de Glace, is losing roughly 12 feet of ice height each year. ...
  • Book Jacket: Instructions for a Funeral
    Instructions for a Funeral
    by David Means
    Following a venture into novels with Hystopia in 2016, Instructions for a Funeral is a return to ...

When We Left Cuba
    by Chanel Cleeton

An exhilarating historical novel from the author of Next Year in Havana, a Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick.

The Affairs of the Falcóns
    by Melissa Rivero

A beautiful, urgent novel about the lengths one woman is willing to go to build a new life.

Book Club
An American Marriage
by Tayari Jones

A masterpiece of storytelling, and a 2018 Oprah's Book Club Selection.

Book Club Giveaway!
Win Ecstasy

Win copies to share with friends or your book club!

Ecstasy reveals the true Alma Mahler: composer, author, daughter, mother, wife, lover, and muse.

A B Penny A T U