Reader reviews and comments on Citizen Soldiers, plus links to write your own review.

Citizen Soldiers

The U.S. Army from the Normandy Beaches to the Bulge to the Surrender of Germany. June 7, 1944 to May 7, 1945

by Stephen Ambrose

Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose X
Citizen Soldiers by Stephen Ambrose

Oct 1997, 512 pages
    Aug 1999, 255 pages

There are currently 9 reader reviews for Citizen Soldiers

Cathey Aultman

Citizen Soldiers, A Review
An excellent book. Amazing how he wove so many interviews together making the book flow. Anyone either in WWII, or with veterans among family and/or friends will appreciate this book.

Citizen sodgiers
J Zengler

Citizen Soldiers
One of the best books I have ever read. It really puts you there in the last year of WW2. I don't read many books, but I am so glad I read this one. This book makes you want to keep in remembrance the heroes of the war. I also liked how the book talked about the many bad soldiers in the war. How they used the war to profit and how some really hurt some operations. I liked how Ambrose interviewed German soldier. It really gave you an all around perspective of the war.

I am 15 years old and I think Citizen Soldiers is an excellent book about World War II. Stephen E. Ambrose is one of my favorite authors and this book made me appreciate even more the sacrifices of the men who fought to preserve democracy. This truly was the greatest generation, not just the soldiers but the people on the home-front. I liked how he told about all the different division involved, telling how the Air Force, Artillery units and infantry units all contributed to winning this war. I was sad to see Dr. Ambrose die.

This book is truly inspirational. I found it a good read and enjoyed it throughly. It was very accurate and gave me a good sense of pride knowing that some of the inspirational and heroic people fought for us.
I recommend it to anyone interested in World War 2 and more specifically D-Day.

this is a great book! When you read it it's like you are actually there. U can see the setting and what is happening like U were in 1944 shooting at the Germans who are crossing the field. Anyone who is interested in World War II should read this book, even if you're not that interested. It is a really great book to read.

Hi my name is Aaron and im 12 years old. I have read 2 books that he wrote, Band of Brothers and Pegasus bridge. now im reading Citizen Soldiers. I want all his books when the holidays come. I just constantly read Band of Brothers. It was hard to find the kinda World War Two book like his. His books made me laugh and made me feel sad they are touching books. Like my langue arts teacher says you shold be able to hear, touch,smell,and feel peoples writing. Thats how I was with his writings I can hear,touch,smell,and feel. When he dided it made me feel real sad that my favorite author dided.

Hello i am fifteen years old and i found citizen soldiers to be truly amazing at times. I recommend this book to any one who is interested in world war II, because it is accurate and enjoyable. I think Ambrose's true talent is focusing on one soldier in one battle and telling his story and then moving on to other battles.

• Book Jacket: Women & Power