What readers think of The Janson Directive, plus links to write your own review.

The Janson Directive

Oct 2003, 542 pages

There are currently 7 reader reviews for The Janson Directive

PETER KEMP

The Jason Directive
Gripping, authentic and intelligent, very well paced, Also educational and keeping a dictionary handy is a must! A top read.
erc

Very good
When I close the book, I regret every single minute I'm not reading on.....

Good stuff...

His second book I've read and not the last....for sure
Ruby

The Janson Directive
Despite the fact that studying a book can often completely destroy its value, The Janson Directive appears better. It's that or I haven't studied it enough.

Ludlum, or the ghostwriter, have researched it thoroughly, and despite the fact the book was published a year after Ludlum's death, the style is perfect throughout making it impossible to tell when Ludlum had died and when the ghostwriter took over.

The pot is excellent, the storyline immaculate, the language suitable for the novel, dialogue realistic, flashbacks in the perfect position, descriptions are vivid and not too long. This book is amazingly written.
Smith

I love this book. Before I read it, The Bourne series were the only Ludlum Works that I had read, but now I want to read all of his books! Every single one has an action movie stuffed inside! Anybody would love his works, they are outstanding! OoOoh~~ wHaT CrEaTiVe MiNdS cAn Do!!!=)
Todd

This is the first Ludlum book I have read, and I must say I am going to continue reading his work. I almost got fired yesterday because my boss walked in on me reading it!
Joseph Sta Ana

Janson Directive
A very good read. It interests me how LUDLUM was able to put so many events into one incredible story, from an infiltration to a walk in the park. LUDLUM puts a unique creativity, ingenuity and complexity that (for me) even the great Michael Crichton can rival.
Ramadas Mannattil

In Page 86-87 of the paperback edition, the reference to a "dravidian tongue" appears. Janson goes into the well guarded headquarters of Ahmed Tabari to save Peter Novak who was supposed to be a prisoner there.
Most people would skip the part the Kagama guards are talking as some language. But Robert Ludlum has done good research and trasliterated a very popular Dravidian tongue without writing the name of the language. The guards are talking about a bandicoot let loose by Janson to confuse them, in the language called "Tamil". This is the oldest and still most widely spoken dravidian language in India, Mauritius, SriLanka, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia!

Join BookBrowse

and discover exceptional books
for just $3.25 per month.

• Book Jacket: Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    Iona Iverson's Rules for Commuting
    by Clare Pooley
    For the many years that I've been reading, one realization has always come to mind for me after ...
  • Book Jacket: We Had to Remove This Post
    We Had to Remove This Post
    by Hanna Bervoets
    It's not about money. Kayleigh, the protagonist and narrator of We Had to Remove This Post, a newly ...
  • Book Jacket: River of the Gods
    River of the Gods
    by Candice Millard
    The Nile River has provided vital resources for millennia, serving as a source of water, food and ...
  • Book Jacket: Horse
    Horse
    by Geraldine Brooks
    Geraldine Brooks creates a powerful backstory for 19th-century thoroughbred racehorse Lexington, ...

Hamnet
by Maggie O'Farrell
"Of all the stories...about Shakespeare’s life, [Hamnet] is so gorgeously written that it transports you."
The Boston Globe

Members Recommend

One's Company
    by Ashley Hutson

For readers of Ottessa Moshfegh this fearless debut chronicles one woman's escape into a world of obsessive imagination.

Daughters of the Flower Fragrant Garden
    by Zhuqing Li

A beautifully woven family memoir that coalesces into a vivid history of two very different Chinas.

Win This Book!
Win Where the Crawdads Sing

Win a signed copy of Where the Crawdads Sing

In celebration of the movie release on July 15, we have three signed copies to give away.

T O Thing W H T F I F I